We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expert advice- agra jaipur tour from delhi 4D/3N in sept.

Muzaffarnagar, India
Level Contributor
48 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Expert advice- agra jaipur tour from delhi 4D/3N in sept.

I am quite new to this forum in fact this is my very 1st post,but before posting i went through a lot of posts and got a lot of info by experts out here especially The Great Deepak ji and Rashid ji.

we are planning a trip to jaipur and agra in 1st week of September (6th to 9th) we are total 5 adults Me ,My wife , My parents , My two kids ( 1 yr and 3 yrs old ) and a helper.its our first tour to these cities

OTHER INFO - we have a swift car ( i am the only driver) and as we are first timers we have no knowledge about the sightseeing in jaipur and agra ( of course except taj mahal,Agra fort and fatehpur sikri )

Our plan is

1) To reach delhi by car on 6th evening ,friday ( from shamli,UP, 100 km from delhi ) than straight to agra.Reach agra by night, overnight in some good hotel like hotel amar,royal residency or bhoomi redidency etc or suggestions???

2) Next day visit to taj mahal,agra fort,sikandra ,mahtab bagh and what else ( suggestions ????) overnight stay in hotel

3) 3rd day ,check out ,visit to fatehpur sikri ,leave fatehpur sikri by 2 pm than to jaipur,reach jaipur by 7 pm .hotel check in and in night a visit to choki dhani or suggestions???

4) morning check out from hotel ,hire a lacal transportation ( innova ) with a driver cum guide ( THE FAMOUS MD RAFEEQ ) to visit amber fort ,hawa mahal,city palace ,nahargarh fort ,jaigarh fort etc. ( full day jaipur tour ) in the evening by 5 pm back to delhi by car.

NOW PLEASE SUGGEST ME ANY CHANGE IN THE ITINERARY as we have only 4 days and 3 nights and we want to get the most out of it.

TRANSPORTATION . should we go by our own car ( about 1000 kms !!! and me only driver ) or to hire a innova from delhi only.( by savaari.com or some other agency services like makemytrip or yatra or...again suggestions??? ).By train is not an option here

LASTLY , HOTELS please suggest me some good budget hotels ( under 2000 ) and should i book them online or on spot is better.

Perfect Agra Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Elite Solutions
Helicopter Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Pacific Classic Tours India
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips
Nikita Holidays
Cultural Tours, City Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Expert advice- agra jaipur tour from delhi 4D/3N in sept.

Hi -

Your itinerary is perfect but you can do one change in your program. You stay 1 night in Agra and 2 nights in Jaipur. One full day is enough for Agra and F/Sikri

Hotels of Agra and Jaipur you book in advance because you will arrive late night.

You can try Hotel Panna Paradise.It will cost you 1400 INR with breakfast.

Better you take innova car,it will be more comfortable and try 2/3 local agents for better rates.

Regards

Arun

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,078 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expert advice- agra jaipur tour from delhi 4D/3N in sept.

Dear Drakbarkhan,

Welcome to TA forums. This is your first post but definitely will not be last here you get uptodate information and is great place for visitors.

Your plan is perfact on day 2 you can add itmad-ud- daula and sikandra.

In evening can visit Suddar bazar for chat wali gali.

Day 3 start early if you want to go Chowki Dhani in Jaipur after fatehpur.

Hotels you have in mind are good.

If you hire a car for tour definitely it will add to your cost but you too will be able to enjoy tour.

Any other information you want come to forums.

Deepak

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Expert advice- agra jaipur tour from delhi 4D/3N in sept.

Hello,

While coming from Shamli, I would suggest you to take Loni - Ghaziabad - Noida route to catch expressway for Agra. It will save your time and you do not need to enter Delhi.

Thanks,

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,851 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expert advice- agra jaipur tour from delhi 4D/3N in sept.

Hi,

First of all , I would not suggest you to do this tour by self driven car. It would be unsafe and also a lot of hassle.

After driving every day more than 300 KMS , I do not think any energy will left either in parents or in you to visit the places.....

I would suggest you to take train from Shamli late night 22-55 Hours on 07th September and arrive Jaipur in morning : 07-00 AM

Check -in Hotel , have wash n change , later full day visit Jaipur : Main attractions are : Amber Fort, City Palace , Water Palace , Observatory, Wind Palace and Jaigarh Fort etc... Evening you may visit famous markets there. With kids , I do not suggest you to go Chokhee dhani , it is too far.

You may hire Innova car from 08th morning onwards.

09th Sep Jaipur - Fatehpur Sikri- Agra

You may spend some more time in Jaipur , later move for Agra en-route visit fatehpur Sikri.

Evening visit Agra fort & Taj Mahal from Mehtab bagh to view sunset.

10th Sep Visit Taj Mahal by dawn , later visit Itmaddaulah & Sikanadra.

After lunch leave for Delhi by train / any Volvo bus/ same car -----

As far as hotels concern, you should check the Agra & Jaipur hotel list & their recommendations in TA and chose hotel according to your budget.

Hari Mangal

Edited: 17 August 2013, 11:12
Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,851 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Expert advice- agra jaipur tour from delhi 4D/3N in sept.

Inadvertently, I wrote 7, 8,9 and 10 whereas it is 6,7,8 & 9 as per your requirement.

Hari Mangal

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,310 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Expert advice- agra jaipur tour from delhi 4D/3N in sept.

My first suggestion for u is to hire/arrange a Toyota Innova/Driver for an entire tour then you are going to enjoy your holiday.You can search in the box above for transportation.The rest has been very well described by the Experts.

Rashid Agra

Muzaffarnagar, India
Level Contributor
48 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Expert advice- agra jaipur tour from delhi 4D/3N in sept.

There is a slight change in the plan .I increased one more night at Jaipur

So it's 2 in Agra (6th and 7th) and 2 in Jaipur (8th and 9th)

Because I think earlier it was too hectic.

Now as self driving is completely out

I'm in talks with

1-creative India journey ( quoted 31k for 4 nights with Delhi pick up, hotel stay(,both 3 stars) sightseeing, taxi charges )

2- Mr Md Rafeeq (quotation awaited)

The other option left is hiring an innova from shamli only it will be a bit cheaper but the driver here won't be an expert for this tour.

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,310 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Expert advice- agra jaipur tour from delhi 4D/3N in sept.

You still have some time ahead get the quote from 2-3 operators and than decide.

Regards

Rashid Agra

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Expert advice- agra jaipur tour from delhi 4D/3N in sept.

Hi-

You don't go to any big agent to hire a taxi because their rates are always high, better you go on TA.

Regards

Arun

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,078 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Expert advice- agra jaipur tour from delhi 4D/3N in sept.

You can look at the econiomics and if it is cheaper to hire car from Shamli then can take local guides in each city. He will guide your driver and show you the monuments also.

deepak