We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taj Mahal

Varanasi
Level Contributor
594 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Taj Mahal

It is to be said that Taj Mahal was once a Hindu Shiva Temple . I am interested to know the reality behind it , the name of the temple , who abolished it , and what happened to it ? I've read few articles on internet but they have not described it in detail.

What's the fact ?

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taj Mahal

Dear friend I think you are new in tourism industry and you don't know any thing---all the time you want to be a hero on TA by the posting of these types of rubbish information--- about Varanasi scam, Taj Mahal Tepale---What do you want to try to prove your self ? Post something new.

Arun

Varanasi
Level Contributor
594 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taj Mahal

Good morning ArunAgraIndia

Thank you for your concern !! I am bit shocked to read your post . I think heroes are found in Bollywood .

You are probably right, I've no knowledge of Tourism and I post rubbish information. Maybe you know more than me .. I am using tripadvisor for the last 5 years and I see you have been using it since this year .

I don't want to be a hero or prove anything. I am just interested in sharing knowledge and for me Tourism is like a big ground for learning and sharing things. What do you want me to post ?

I hope you are not irritated .

Anyway .. I just discovered and found something last night and maybe you might be interested in it also .

You may read this and try to understand what I was asking ...

www.tajmahal.org.uk/legends/taj-a-temple.html

oyepages.com/blog/…5067b50b54c881b20e000016

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P._N._Oak

Thank you anyway !!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taj Mahal

It is very rude from you @ arunagra. One must be respectful to anyone

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taj Mahal

Dear MusicalMonu,

There are lots of stories about the Taj Mahal...but the one wrote is not true..once upon a time this kind of plea was taken to court but the Judge rejected because the petitioner was not able to have evidence about the Hindu Shiva Temple.

This was discussed several times in the past..please stay updated.

Rashid Agra

Varanasi
Level Contributor
594 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taj Mahal

Thank you Rashid

I've asked about it with a friend of mine last and he said something similar.

Actually a guest of mine kept discussing with me about this fact and I found it to be interesting to know. Its bit clear now that this is not true.

Thanks for the info !

Agra
Level Contributor
7 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taj Mahal

Hi Monu,

I am also agree with Rashid. These all stories are only mouth marketing, there is no written evidence for that.

Thanks

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taj Mahal

This is more helpful rashidagra. Thanks for sharing, I don't know what came in arunagra's mind that he was so angry instead of answering simply as he is from Agra.

Anyway thanks rashidagra

Varanasi
Level Contributor
594 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taj Mahal

Lol ... I still can't stop thinking of this type of mentality .. If you know the answer simply reply , if not don't be bothered . I can't believe that someone being professional can react like that :)

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
8,741 posts
616 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taj Mahal

i appreciate the answer given by rashid ji...

10. Re: Taj Mahal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 12:43