We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agra-Delhi-Shimla tour

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Agra-Delhi-Shimla tour

Dear All,

I had query for the first 3 days.Pls let me know whether this is feasible.We will be arriving at Agra on Dec 9 2013 at 10:30 AM.We will be travelling through Tavera all the time.

Day1 Arrive at Agra at 10:30 AM.Refresh and visit Agra Fort,Taj Mahal

Day2 Leave hotel early and Visit Fatehpur sikri,Sikandara Tomb of Akbar & Tomb of I'timād-ud-Daulah and proceed to Delhi.Stay at Delhi

Day3 Visit Humayuns tomb,Red fort,Qutub minar,Akshardham Temple,Lotus Temple and proceed to Shimla.

Please let us know whether this is possible.Also let us know whether we can incorporate any of the Day3 S/S in Day2.What will be the time required to reach from Agra to Delhi and thereafter Delhi to Shimla.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
346 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agra-Delhi-Shimla tour

Your programme is feasible. It is not feasible to squeeze day 3 into day 2 unless you just want to do a tick mark of the places as visited without enjoying them. Point to point Agra to Delhi will take about 4 hours (city to city) and Delhi to Shimla will take a driving time of about 6-7 hours plus any stopover that you may want.

The biggest bottleneck on way to Shimla is the entry to the city and can take more than an hour there itself.

I would suggest leave early in the day from Delhi for Shimla.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,005 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agra-Delhi-Shimla tour

On Day 1 complete the AgraCity tour. Day 2 Early drive via Fatehpur Sikri to Delhi can visit Ashardham temple in evening. Delhi to Shimla atleast keep aside 9hrs. for your travel.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agra-Delhi-Shimla tour

My only concern is of Day 3

Day3 Visit Humayuns tomb,Red fort,Qutub minar,Akshardham Temple,Lotus Temple and proceed to Shimla.

Around what time should i leave the hotel to visit above s/s.Also the monument opens around what time.

How much time will it take to visit the above destns.Around what time i should leave for Shimla from Delhi.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
346 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agra-Delhi-Shimla tour

It would be helpful if you mention the area you are spending the night in Delhi. Anyways, you will probably need to travel in the night to Shimla.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agra-Delhi-Shimla tour

Hotel SPB 87

Karolbagh,near Karolbagh Metro Station, New Delhi 110005, India

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
346 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agra-Delhi-Shimla tour

Start with Red Fort (opens at 9am), Humanyu's tomb, Lotus Temple, Qutub Minar, Akshardham and then move towards Shimla.

If you want to start early then reverse order.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Agra-Delhi-Shimla tour

i want to see some of the delhi attractions while going to shimla.Out of the above destns which can i see quickly.Also i want to reach shimla but around 8 PM .

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
346 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agra-Delhi-Shimla tour

That's making it very tough. It means that you need to leave Delhi by noon. You can see quickly - Qutub, Humayun's tomb, Lotus temple. If you leave hotel at 8 am and go to Qutub, Lotus temple and the Humanyun's tomb then you can possibly make it to Shimla by 8 pm

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Agra-Delhi-Shimla tour

Hi-

All the monuments open sunrise to sunset. First day you visit Tajmahal, Agra Fort and

Itmad-ud- Daulah's Tomb. Second day Sikandra (Akbar's Tomb) and F/Sikri.

Your hotel is in Karol Bagh so you start from Red Fort then Humayun's Tomb, Qutub Minar, Lotus Temple at the last you see Akshardham Temple and take a bus to Simla.

Arun

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Agra-Delhi-Shimla tour

Hi-

Sorry I forget to tell you buses from Delhi to Simla run in night only.

Arun