We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is northern India safe for foreign tourist ??

Paris
1 post
Save Topic
Is northern India safe for foreign tourist ??

Namaskar to All,

I am very excited for my India trip on next month.well,my plan is to visit Agra to Varanasi via Lucknow by my rented car(So i will drive it).But i found in some blogs ...India(especially, Uttar Pradesh Region) is not safe at all for foreign tourist especially for Woman and even Cops are very corrupted. Is it true??

what do you think ??

Many thanks,

Olga Gynia,

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is northern India safe for foreign tourist ??

Namaste ! Olga G,

Driving conditions are very different here. Better to hire a car with driver and enjoy the ride. It is quite safe to travel and precautions you should take you take at home.

You can look at following links and may find interesting:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k305…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k490…

deepak

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,946 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is northern India safe for foreign tourist ??

we get millions of tourist every year in india and is going to be compeletly safe no doubt 1/2 incidents happened in d past it can be any where in d world.....u need to take general precaution as we all do..avoid late night outing...travel with suggested operator

Agra
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is northern India safe for foreign tourist ??

Namaskar.

Northern India is absolutely safe for everyone.

But still I'll suggest you to get a driver also with your car because driving conditions are completely change in India.

Better safe then sorry.

Pankaj gupta

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
579 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is northern India safe for foreign tourist ??

Namaskar,

Brother chill, it is safe, sometime things get rough, but that is completely ok.

You should better hire a driver as driving conditions are tough in India. roads get bumpy, tiny, crowded. so an expert is recommended. make sure exert should now every route and map.

Driving on your own will be hectic for you.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is northern India safe for foreign tourist ??

North India is safe for people, just one advice for you in Agra, Lucknow & Varanasi don't go to the market alone in the night or I will suggest you to come back to hotel at around 08:00 PM

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is northern India safe for foreign tourist ??

Hi-

I agree with Mr Deepak and Mr Rashid.

Arun

agra
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is northern India safe for foreign tourist ??

and i am agree with all

8. Re: Is northern India safe for foreign tourist ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:17