We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

India 2 weeks - North and Goa - Delhi, Udaipur, Jaipur, Goa

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
India 2 weeks - North and Goa - Delhi, Udaipur, Jaipur, Goa

Hi, I am doing a trip to India from November 08 to November 24 and wanted some advice. I am planning to do the below.

8 Land in Delhi

9 Delhi

10 Delhi

11 Delhi to Agra Train (3hrs)

12 Agra to Jaipur Train (4hrs)

13 Jaipur

14 Jaipur

15 Jaipur to Udaipur Train (7hrs)

16 Udaipur

17 Udaipur

18 Udaipur to Ahmedabad to Goa Bus (4hrs) then Flight (2hrs)

19 Goa

20 Goa

21 Goa

22 Goa

23 Goa

24 Goa

Can you let me know if this is a good (and practical) trip. Also, I will be on a budget of 5000INR per day to cover all costs (food, hotels, travel etc), Will this be enough?

Any info on the best ways to travel and what to see would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1. Re: India 2 weeks - North and Goa - Delhi, Udaipur, Jaipur, Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2013, 12:35
Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,743 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: India 2 weeks - North and Goa - Delhi, Udaipur, Jaipur, Goa

Please do not mention your contact information...you need to go through the guidelines of TA once again.Your post will keep on disappearing.

Rashid Agra

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,096 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: India 2 weeks - North and Goa - Delhi, Udaipur, Jaipur, Goa

Backpacker hostel accommodation can be had from 600 rupees per night upwards. It tends to be very basic. Better to spend at least 1000 per night on accommodation. Go through the B&B section of tripadvisor for each city an you will find some gems. Or of course, get Lonely Planet.

Food - a full thali "all you can eat" meal can cost Rs 50 to Rs 100 in smaller establishments, and it costs more in the more upscale ones. A McDonald's meal costs Rs 100 approximately (not that I am recommending it!)

My friend cyberhippie who posts here regularly has a great website resource for travel to India on a shoestring: http://www.goneindia.com/ Take a look, it is very good.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: India 2 weeks - North and Goa - Delhi, Udaipur, Jaipur, Goa

Look for nice clean budget class hotels around Rs.1000/- and it will be within your budget.

deepak

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
579 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: India 2 weeks - North and Goa - Delhi, Udaipur, Jaipur, Goa

See if you can add a day to Ahmdabad. Beautiful place it is, worth stay.

5000/day is good enough.

if you take out 2000 per day on stay. 1000 on food. and traveling costs you say 500-1000. you still have 2500-2000. and that is enough money to have some real fun out there...

You can add savings of 1000/day to upgrade your hotel at Goa. that would be cool.

Your overall plan seams perfect and well planned.

enjoy India.

6. Re: India 2 weeks - North and Goa - Delhi, Udaipur, Jaipur, Goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 06:21