We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute trip - need urgent help with Jaipur/Agra touring

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute trip - need urgent help with Jaipur/Agra touring

My husband and I will now have a few leisure days after his business trip at the end of January. We hope to visit Jaipur and Agra and then travel to Delhi for our international flight home. Looking at the following:

Fri 31Jan arrive Jaipur at night - 3 nights Jaipur

Sat 01Feb - Jaipur

Sun 02Feb - Jaipur

Mon 03Feb - Jaipur/Agra early morning by car or train?? 1night Agr

Tue 04Feb - Agra early morning visit to Taj Mahal and afternoon to Delhi (train??) 1 night Delhi

Wed 05Feb - 12.00 midday flight from international airport.

We would hire a guide for a day in Jaipur and for the Taj Mahal and Fort.

Can you suggest the best way for us to travel Jaipur/Agra and Agra/Delhi. As this is quite last minute the trains may be full, but not sure. Train and car both have advantages and disadvantages. In Agra we really want to see the Taj Mahal at sunset from Mehtab Bagh or similar and would like to visit the Taj Mahal in the morning (sunrise if it is not foggy) and maybe less crowded. Not sure whether to do the Fort after the Taj or visit the fort the previous day. Fatehpur Sikri is a nice to have but not mandatory if it is too rushed. Ideally we would like to be in Delhi for dinner to meet up with some people who live there.

I am not sure the best and most economical way of arranging transport and guides as essentially we are travelling Jaipur to Agra to Delhi and not returning to the same city again. Can the experts out there offer me some suggestions as I don't have much time to organize this. I am not sure if I should contact some guides directly for a quote or how best to arrange this. Will post this on both Jaipur and Agra sites due to urgency. Thanks in advance.

Perfect Agra Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Elite Solutions
Helicopter Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Pacific Classic Tours India
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips
Nikita Holidays
Cultural Tours, City Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute trip - need urgent help with Jaipur/Agra touring

Hi Angel 88,

I understand your panic, as trying to arrange things quickly can be stressful! I recently did a very similar trip as you, but only had 3 days, so was super rushed! I think you have the right idea about spending more time in Jaipur though as I really enjoyed it there! Considering you want to organise something quickly I would highly recommend contacting some companies about hiring a driver - it will take all the stress out from your trip, it will then mean you can get to all the sights easily, they can organise a guide and on the day to travel from Jaipur --> Agra you can stop off at the abhaneri step and Fatephur Skiri and still make it in time for the sunset at the Mehtab Bagh gardens (but just so you know if you walk down the path you do not have to pay for the gardens and get the same view - as recommended by my driver!!). I then did the same as you and saw the Taj Mahal at sunrise (very much recommend this, fingers crossed for no fog!) then visited Agra fort and then we made it back to Delhi late afternoon (so would work out well for your timings!).

I went with a company called Adventure Holiday Tours (you can find them on trip advisor) and contacted Tarun Sharma, he responded very quickly and helped organise everything for me (including accommodation!). I had a fantastic driver who knew where to stop and show me the sights and had a wonderful trip.

If you have any questions feel free to message me! Good luck with your planning!

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute trip - need urgent help with Jaipur/Agra touring

Hi-

Jaipur 2 nights are enough and 2 nights you can do in Agra.

Traveling by the train is good but car is better option. By the car from Jaipur to Agra you can visit

Abhaneri (Chand Bawari - step well), Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary and Fatehpur Sikri. Second day you can cover all the monuments of Agra.

Regards

Arun

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute trip - need urgent help with Jaipur/Agra touring

I do this trip annually. Best to get train from Delhi/Agra & bus from Agra/Jaipur. Plenty of good hotels but I highly recommend Hotel Arya Niwas in Jaipur. It's unique and so reasonable. But may I also suggest that you see Agra with the most trustworthy tuk tuk drivers (not the guys that mob you at the station) but Sultan & his team from: Tuk Tuk Agra City Tour - Day Tours -198 Fatehabad Road, Agra 282001, India (Check them out on Trip Advisor). They are very honest, attentive, courteous and caring. When you ask how much, they will reply "As you wish!" and they mean it. I have known them for 25 years.

Kurukshetra, India
Level Contributor
4,809 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute trip - need urgent help with Jaipur/Agra touring

Hi

Best would be hire a taxi for whole trip Jaipur-Agra-Delhi

In this way you will be more comfortable,roads are good,can do onway s/s

Agra monuments remain open from sunrire to sunset

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
263 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute trip - need urgent help with Jaipur/Agra touring

Hire a taxi from Jaipur to Agra so you can visit other monuments on way. Agra to Delhi you can take the evening Shatabdi train. Hire a local taxi for sight-seeing in Delhi or use auto rickshaws/metro.

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,846 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute trip - need urgent help with Jaipur/Agra touring

Hi Angel,

You have enough time to visit Jaipur & Agra. I would suggest you to visit Ranthambhore wild life park too.

Ist I would suggest based on your original plan :

31st Jan - Take evening double deccor train to Jaipur

01st Feb - Full day visit Jaipur - Attractions - Amber Fort, City Palace, Observatory, Birla Temple, Wind Palace, Jaigarh Fort Etc.

Do not forget to go fort by Elephant Ride.

02nd Feb - Excursion to Galta Ji ( Monkey God temple) visit famous markets.

03rd Feb - Better to have car - enroute visit Abhaneri Stepwell, Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, Imperial Ghost City Fatehpur Sikri. - Night in Agra.

04th Feb - Taj Mahal , Agra Fort, Sikandra, - take evening train to Delhi or Car .

In winter days are foggy so that sun rise / sun set is not best time to visit Taj Mahal. If day is clear can plan for sun rise.

With Ranthambhore

31st jan - Delhi - Jaipur- Ranthambhore- Bharatpur-Fatehpur Sikri - Agra - Delhi all by car , train & local transport will not suite much.

Jaipur - 02 nights, Ranthambhore-01 night, Agra- 01 night

Hari Mangal

7. Re: Last minute trip - need urgent help with Jaipur/Agra touring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 January 2014, 11:35
agra
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last minute trip - need urgent help with Jaipur/Agra touring

For quotes you can look at following link.

Local guides are listed here.

tripadvisor.in/…

Cheers

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,078 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last minute trip - need urgent help with Jaipur/Agra touring

In January there is allways a possibilty of fog in morning and evening. Due to this fog trains are often delayed best will be to travel by car. It will give you flexibility when going from one place to another and save time when waiting for delayed trains. Three days in Jaipur are little too much. You can do a day trip to Pushkar from Jaipur to see temples around the lake.

When travelling by car from Jaipur to Agra you can stop at Fatehpur Sikri which is 40Kms. before Agra. It is good road from Jaipur to Agra and Express way from Agra to Delhi.

There are many recommendations on the forum and you can use the search box above to look for recommendations.

deepak

Edited: 18 January 2014, 11:39
Agra, India
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Last minute trip - need urgent help with Jaipur/Agra touring

The best option for you is car,as in January you can understand because of fog trains always gets delayed.