We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with weekend itinerary please

Delhi, Delhi, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
help with weekend itinerary please

Hi All,

My wife and I are reaching Agra at 10.30AM (by Taj Express from Delhi) on 15th Feb. Departure at 8.30 pm on 16th Feb (by Shatabdi). Hotel Name: The Grand Imperial.

Kindly help us with our itinerary.

Day 1 (Start at 12.30 PM)

Early Lunch (please suggest a nice place please maybe Sai Khandeela Restaurant at Sadar Bazar) -> Taj Mahal -> Agra Fort -> Itmad-ud-daula -> Ram Bagh -> Mehtab Bagh -> Return to Hotel -> Taj Full Moon night view -> Dinnere at Pinch of Spice

Day 2 (Start at 8 AM)

Taj Mahal -> Back to Hotel & Check Out -> Sikandara -> Fatepur Sikri -> Air Balloon (if time permits) -> Shopping (please suggest) -> Station to catch the Shatabdi at 8.30 PM

Please let me know if this is doable. Kindly suggest some good shop to buy Petha and a small Taj replica (price please). Also, kindly let me know if there are any other specialties to shop (from where?). Any other good restaurant which I should try?

Thanks in advance…

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,122 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: help with weekend itinerary please

On day 1 you can visit Taj,Fort,itimad ud daulah and Mehtabh bagh.

on day 2 visit Ram bagh,Sikandra and Fatehpur Sikri.

You can try Restaurant The park at sadar bazaar,Dasaprakash and Charcoal chimney near Pinch of Spice.

You can buy pheta and Dalmoth from Sadar Bazaar too.

For night visit at Taj you need to buy tickets 24 hours before the visit.

Good Luck

Rashid Agra

agra
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with weekend itinerary please

Great Plan

For lunch I would recommend GMB sweets on fatehabad road or Park in Sadar

Petha you can buy from sadar from ''panchhi petha'' store.

Leather you can buy from sadar ''Taj leather world'' near mama chicken food stall

Marble you can buy from shubhash emporium near sadar bazar

Emroidery you can buy from '' The embroidery palace'' on fatehabad road below haveli restaurant.

Carpet you can buy from Kannu carpet factory near taj mahal.

Jewellery from Kohinoor on fatehabad road

Pashmina shawls from CIE Kashmiri store near amar hotel.

Skip Ram Bagh

cheers

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: help with weekend itinerary please

Your tour itinerary is perfect but first day you start your sightseeing after the breakfast about 10:00 AM.

For the meal Pinch of Spice and Charcoal Chimney are best.

Arun

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,026 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with weekend itinerary please

Enjoy the Chatt at Sadar bazar Chatt Gali.

deepak

Delhi, Delhi, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with weekend itinerary please

Thanks all

Kindly let me know how much would a small Taj mahal marble replica cost me approximately.

On a separate note: How much would a guide at Taj and other monuments cost me.

@ ArunAgraIndia: I am reaching at 10.30am.. So, assuming we go to the hotel (Imperial Grand) and freshen-up, practically speaking anything before 12 noon seems difficult.

Thanks...

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: help with weekend itinerary please

Hi-

Tajmahal model is depends on the quality and size. It starts from 30 Rs and same size you will get 300 Rs also.

It will better to hire a guide for the whole tour.

As per Department of tourism half day ( 1 or 2 monuments) 950 Rs and full day (3 or 4 monuments)

1140 Rs. Guide you can get from the each monuments also and can be cheaper but those all are touts. They are not approved and they don't give proper information. Approved guide you can hire through TA and send private massage to any destination expert.

Thanks

and

Regards

Arun

Agra, India
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: help with weekend itinerary please

Your itinerary looks great and you will enjoy but instead of sai khandelwal you may go for Gmb or any other local resturants in AGRA as they are cheaper and good.

8. Re: help with weekend itinerary please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 05:19