We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taj Mahal opening hour

Which Agra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
22 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Taj Mahal opening hour

Hi,

I got some questions.

I understand that the west and east gate open from sunrise to sunset and the southern gate open from 6 am.my question what if the time for sunrise is around 6.30am.does it mean southern gate will open first?are nobody allowed inside the taj when its still dark?

Thanks

agra
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taj Mahal opening hour

Southern gate open late and close earlier than taj mahal timings.

Taj open and close according to sunrise and sunset

They star kicking everyone out about 20 minute before of taj closing time

Hope it help

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,729 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taj Mahal opening hour

The South Gate of Taj Mahal opens at 8 am through out the year ..there are no changes in the timings for the south gate.

You are right east/west gate opens at the time of sunrise and close down at sunset....the timings fluctuate every day more or less...now a days the sunrise time is 5.30 am so it means it opens at above mentioned time.

The best way to get inside the Taj is from an eastern entrance.

Thanks

Rashid Agra

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
22 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taj Mahal opening hour

Oh so even if its say open at 6(southern gate) it doesn't mean it will always open at 6?i'm curious because some months the sunrise time is later than 6 so i assume the southern gate will open first.since the other 2 gates open on sunrise

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
22 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taj Mahal opening hour

8??thank you for explaining!i was under the impression it open at 6.ok eastern gate is it then.thanks!

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,729 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taj Mahal opening hour

The south gate opens at 8 am irrespective of any weather condition throughout the year and shut downs at 18 hours.If u want to be there early start at least 30 minutes before the gate opens

Rashid Agra

Edited: 08 July 2014, 10:20
Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
22 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taj Mahal opening hour

Thanks but i think i'll stay somewhere near the eastern gate as i plan to go there at sunrise.thanks for your help!

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taj Mahal opening hour

Best idea is stay near eastern gate and you found many hotels on this side.

Thanks

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,632 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taj Mahal opening hour

Only Eastern and western gate opens 10mts. before sunrise at same time. There are fixed timings for Southern gate opening at 8AM through out the year.

Taj Entrance ticket window opens half an hour before sunrise. Before going to Taj entrance you must buy entrance ticket. Window to sell tickets is app, 1 km. from east gate entrance at Shilp gram parking. tickets can be purchased in advance as well.

Hope it is clear.

deepak

Edited: 08 July 2014, 13:21
Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
22 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taj Mahal opening hour

Thank you all for your help. i'll take the eastern gate even with the 1 km distance from ticket counter to the entrance just so i can avoid the crowd at the western gate. Thanks again everyone!

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,729 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taj Mahal opening hour

Ticket counters on both the sides are a km away from the entrance gate of Taj Mahal.

Rashid Agra