We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant in Varanasi

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant in Varanasi

Could anyone suggest me a restaurant in Varanasi where I could anoy nice and clean food?

Thank you!

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant in Varanasi

Haifa Restaurant

Shiva Cafe

German Bakery

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,961 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant in Varanasi

Shiva Cafe is a great place for a quick bite. They have delicious baked goods and the sizzler.

There is a very good Restaurant in Varanasi "SA-RE-GA-MA". They have both veg and non-veg food. It is near Gowdholia chowk opposite citi bazar.

Varanasi
Level Contributor
527 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant in Varanasi

I recommend "Keshari "Restaurant near Godowlia Crossing and "Pizzeria" at Assi Ghat.

"Kerala Cafe"is another good option located at Bhelupura Crossing and do not forget to grab some nice Varanasi sweets from " Rajbhandu " sweets near Kachauri Gali. They really make some yummy sweets.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant in Varanasi

I have eaten at keshari it is popular with locals and is quite good but spicy food here may be little difficult to handle for Foreigners. The restaurant is in a lane between the Godolia & Temple Entrance Gate.

But in case you (or some later readers of this thread) want Indian food. Here's my list:

Chaat - Kashi Chaat Bhandar, Godolia Chowk

Rabdi - On the way to temple, next to a Saree Shop. It's a tiny shop and I don't remember the name (probably there isn't any)

Lassi - Dwarkapuri Milk Bahar, Chowk

Thandai - Baba Thandai, Godolia (Do specify 'Without Bhang' )

Puri Sabzi - Pehelwan, Lanka

Indian Sweets - Ksheer Sagar

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,961 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant in Varanasi

I suppose, you will be flodded with the suggestions very shortly. However, that'll give you a glimpse of Varanasi's Indian Food Panorama.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant in Varanasi

This thread is already flooded with recommendations !

Keep themm coming......

Fort Bragg
Level Contributor
35 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant in Varanasi

Lotus and its on the ghats. When we were there they had a banner on the riverfront.

8. Re: Restaurant in Varanasi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2011, 05:35