We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tuk tuk or hire car

Which Varanasi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
358 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
tuk tuk or hire car

which is better for use in varanasi- tuk tuk or car hire and why.

what should I expect to pay

do I also need tour guide

what do the boat tours cost

Puerto Colombia...
Level Contributor
163 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tuk tuk or hire car

Varanasi is a religious place, though crowded and confusing place.. yes! I think for that place you should take a tour guide.. and u needs to hire a car, boat rides also average cost

India
Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tuk tuk or hire car

Varanasi being a place of small and narrow streets,Tuk tuk is he best solution and also cost less.Traffic can be very erratic some time here.No need of any guide as they are busy making commission from you than really show you around.You can be just on your own in this wonderful town and enjoy the aliveness of the old city as well Temples and Sarnath.

India
Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tuk tuk or hire car

Sorry i forget to write Boat tour cost Rs.100-125 per person in evening and morning and Rs.75-100 during the day.Have a nice time.

Toronto
Level Contributor
358 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tuk tuk or hire car

Thank you both

5. Re: tuk tuk or hire car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:22