We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hindi classes in Varanasi - I would highly recommend!

Which Varanasi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madrid
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hindi classes in Varanasi - I would highly recommend!

Hi, I am currently in Varanasi taking private Hindi classes with a teacher called Binit Kumar Mishra. I tried to do as much online research as possible before choosing my teacher and found surprisingly little information, so would just like to give my two cents and say that if anyone is thinking of taking Hindi classes while in Varanasi (whether it be a few days or a few weeks) then I would highly recommend Binit.

Binit is friendly and welcoming and his classes are focused and individually tailored - three weeks ago I couldn't speak a word of Hindi and now I can even read and write simple phrases in Devangari script! He is also very flexible and accomodating of your timetable, and is never late to a class.

I am still studying with Binit and am so pleased I chose to study with him - you can contact him by visiting his website www.hinditeachervaranasi.com.

I hope my experience helps anyone else thinking of studying Hindi in Varanasi.

Varanasi
Level Contributor
515 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hindi classes in Varanasi - I would highly recommend!

Thank you for posting this valuable information . Glad to hear that you are doing well with your hindi . Is this the same contact detail of this teacher below ?

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g297685-i9077-k2372…

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
7,819 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hindi classes in Varanasi - I would highly recommend!

hi

thanks for posting. yes, it will definitely help to those , who wants to learn hindi in varanasi

Madrid
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hindi classes in Varanasi - I would highly recommend!

Hi, yes that's him!

Good teachers can sometimes be so hard to find, especially language teachers, so it's a pleasure to share my good experience with others who may be thinking of doing the same thing.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hindi classes in Varanasi - I would highly recommend!

Thanks for the info.

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hindi classes in Varanasi - I would highly recommend!

Namaste,

I can only confirm that Binit is an excellent teacher, flexible, punctual, knows English well, is well structured, and makes you advance quite quickly which is not the case with self-study. He also asked me to start writing in Hindi during the classes, something which was painfully slow in the beginning, but I am glad he made me do this. He is also very accurate and spots any possible mistake you might make. Would highly recommend Binit as a teacher for Hindi in Varanasi.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Hindi classes in Varanasi - I would highly recommend!

Namaste,

I have been taking Hindi classes with Binit Kumar Mishra in Varanasi for a few months, and wish to add my commendation for anyone looking for a Hindi teacher. While I am in Varanasi I have individual classes and then while traveling I have had classes via Skype.

In both cases the classes have been well structured but at the same time flexible. The content has been adapt ed to my daily needs, while still creating a foundation for the basic grammar and understanding of Hindi to be built upon. Exercises reflect my life, my work, what I am involved in day-to-day, which means I have greater opportunity to practice and to learn between classes as well.

Binitji himself is punctual, and flexible - willing to fit into my changing schedule. He is personable and responds to my questions even when more cultural than Hindi related. He has been able to add a wealth of knowledge about how to interact in different circumstances and with different groups of people, which makes being in Varanasi smoother to negotiate.

I highly recommend him if you are seeking a good quality Hindi teacher in Varanasi.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hindi classes in Varanasi - I would highly recommend!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful information, it will be helpful for fellow travelers.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hindi classes in Varanasi - I would highly recommend!

Try this Hostel in Varanasi: https://www.facebook.com/stopshostels

Varanasi, India
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Hindi classes in Varanasi - I would highly recommend!

Howdy,

I am currently taking Hindi lessons via Skype from Binit Kumar Mishra and it is going fantastically. I studied personally with Binit ji when I was in Varanasi, and I wanted to continue my learning after I got back home. Binit had no trouble accommodating my request, and we now chat weekly on Skype for an hour. Anyone wishing to further their understanding of Hindi, whether a complete beginner or an already advanced speaker, can find their needs met by this energetic and patient teacher. His scheduling and prices are reasonably priced as well.

http://hinditeachervaranasi.com/

Mussoorie, India
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Hindi classes in Varanasi - I would highly recommend!

I have just taken a week's Hindi classes with Binit (30 hours) after a different teacher in Varanasi let me down, and can also recommend him as a teacher. I had studied Hindi by myself for a year, and was really able to make a lot of progress in this time with Binit's support. I'd have been very happy to continue classes with Binit if I were staying in Varanasi, but circumstances took me somewhere else.