We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

E- Tickets for Trains in India

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
E- Tickets for Trains in India

Hi,

I have booked all the trains i need to travel in India through web(thanx to Clear trip). But all those tickets are in witing list 10 or under 10. I am getting bit worried whther those will not going to get to RAC or Booked status.

Can i pls know whether there is a chance to get the tickets confirmed or at least RAC..?. I booked 2AC class.

Also, when i take the e-ticket Printouts, the status is 'WaitList', i am travelling to India end of this week and i might not able to get new print outs. Would this be a problem for me, eventhough, the PNR status changes to RAC or Booked(before the tarin date), as my printouts show 'WaitList'...?

anybody who has experinced pls reply..

/Roshan

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: E- Tickets for Trains in India

You should try ticekts in Tatkal Quota or Foreigner Quota

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: E- Tickets for Trains in India

Thx Arpit_Jaipur, but i wanted to use the already booked tickets and clarify my doubts.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: E- Tickets for Trains in India

I visited India, and of course my tickets got confirmed, about 4 hours before the train.And yes i can use the old print out, only thing that i should know is my coach numbers and seat numbers. BUT, Beware who ever goes to India, The train schedules are suck, they always get delayed, some trains got delayed even by 18 hours and unfotunately some got even cancelled. SO BE aware, it is one of the living hells in the world ... :P

4. Re: E- Tickets for Trains in India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2013, 12:07
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: E- Tickets for Trains in India

sorry if i heart your feelings, but thats how i felt after going through all the miserable things in India. Yes it maybe a heaven for you..! , and i respect the fact that you love your country...

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna
Level Contributor
13,619 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: E- Tickets for Trains in India

Waiting list 10 can be automaticaly confirmed after prepration of reservation chart, which is prepared 4 hr before journy.otherwise you can try tatkaal or foreign quota

Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: E- Tickets for Trains in India

To Arpit "You should try ticekts in Tatkal Quota or Foreigner Quota"

There is no Foreigner Quota available, when booking trains online...

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,619 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: E- Tickets for Trains in India

Waiting list 10 can be automaticaly confirmed after prepration of reservation chart, which is prepared 4 hr before journy.otherwise you can try tatkaal or foreign quota

Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: E- Tickets for Trains in India

I just said, you can't get foreign quota online...

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,619 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: E- Tickets for Trains in India

There are special counters in most of the important station for foreign quota.There you can contact but try to stay away from touts .