We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varanasi to Allahabad Kumba mela

Which Varanasi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Varanasi to Allahabad Kumba mela

Hello,

Is it possible one day trip from Varanasi to Allahabad Kumba mela?? Please suggested how can it arrange? And also cost??

Thanks,

J Das

Varanasi
Level Contributor
515 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Varanasi to Allahabad Kumba mela

Hi JD

Yes its possible to make one day trip from Varanasi to Allahabad.

The cost is approx Rs 2500 by Car ( return trip ) and approx Rs 200 by Bus ( one way ).

Cheers

Haridwar, India
Level Contributor
119 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Varanasi to Allahabad Kumba mela

However, you'll find that Kumbh is arranged once only in 12 years. And the last Kumbh was last year in 2013 only. But Makar Sankranti (i.e., tomorrow) is considered one of the most auspicious days to take a bath in Ganga anyway.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Varanasi to Allahabad Kumba mela

But the I saw Allahabad kumb mela 2014. Is it fake??

Varanasi
Level Contributor
515 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Varanasi to Allahabad Kumba mela

Kumbh Mela happens every 12 years in Ujjain , Nasik, Haridwar and Allahabad . There is a gap of every 3 years in these places.

The Mela you are talking about is called Magh Mela and it happens every year in Allahabad ,First Snan ( bath) occurs on Makar Sankranti, and the biggest Sahi Snan is on Mauni Amawasya.

It is not Kumbh Mela. Kumbh Mela was in 2013 and now it will happen after 12 years in Allahabad.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Varanasi to Allahabad Kumba mela

Many many Thanks. Now it's clear. So can you tell me about budget commendation in Varanasi? Which area you suggested for 3 days stay?? Can you please suggest any travel plan?? We are planning 15th Feb (1.30pm) - 18th Feb (1:30pm) visit in Varanasi.

Waiting for your response.

Regards,

J Das

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Varanasi to Allahabad Kumba mela

Is Asi ghat is suitable for stay for 3 days trip in Varanasi?? Which is the best area Main ghat or Asi ghat??

Haridwar, India
Level Contributor
119 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Varanasi to Allahabad Kumba mela

There are numerous ghats in Varanasi, Assi ghat just being one of them. It is near the BHU and offers you different travelling options than other ghats.

Palace on the ganges (tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g297685-d447086-…) is a guest house/hotel on Assi ghat that is popular with tourists.

I personally recommend Rashmi Guest House (tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g297685-d596275-…) just near the Dashashwamedh Ghat.

Varanasi
Level Contributor
515 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Varanasi to Allahabad Kumba mela

I'd say that you stay near main Ghat , Dashashwamedh Ghat. That's the heart of Varanasi.

There are many guest houses around . I can recommend some guest houses like Ganpati Guest House, Hotel Alka , Teerth Guest House etc. They are budget guest houses.

There have been many plan suggested on forum but you can still go to Vishwanath Temple, Vishalakshi Temple, Nepali Temple , Sankat Mochan Temple , Tulsi Manas Temple , Durga Temple , Ramnagar Fort , Sarnath etc.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Varanasi to Allahabad Kumba mela

Hope you get the desired information by Monu from Varanasi

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Varanasi to Allahabad Kumba mela

Thanks for your response. Can suggested any conducted tour in / from the Varanasi city?? Pls suggest any.

Regards,

J Das