We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to mathura

mumbai
Level Contributor
69 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
travelling to mathura

hello, i will be travelling to mathura in end of october 2013, for 2nights, i like to visit mathura and agra in 2 days, will that be sufficient, from there i will be travelling to jaipur, so i want to know best place to stay in mid range for family of 3 adults, any travel tips for local visits and agra and there on to jaipur, please reply in details.. thanking u in advance

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling to mathura

If you are planning to go there from Delhi then you should visit Temples in Mathura & Vrindavan and stay overnight in Agra. Recommended hotels The Retreat , Taj Resorts and Royale Residency in mid range.

Next day see the Taj Mahal by sunrise , later visit Agra Fort , Sikandra etc. if you are planning to go Agra - Jaipur by train then you should see Fateh Sikri this day if by car then you can see it enroute. You may also stop to see step well in Abhaneri on way to Jaipur but it is not excatly on the way.

In Jaipur , you may plan to see Amber Fort , City Palace, Observatory, wind Palace , Birla Temple, Galta ji , Jaigarh fort . Khandela Haveli , Umaid Mahal and Jas Vilas are good hotel in Mid Range.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling to mathura

Hi!

Me and my family will be visiting Jaipur & Agra for 2N/3D in Sep first week. But I would like to add one more day and visit Mathura and Vrindavan in return to Delhi. We can afford to spend only 1 night at each place i.e. 6th at Jaipur and 7th at Agra and then was planning to come back to Delhi on 8th night. However need your suggestions in planning so that I can see temples at Mathura and Vrindavan. If needed, I can convince them to stay back on 8th Night in Mathura.

We are planning to leave from Gurgaon (Delhi) in morning on 6th Sep via taxi. Reach Jaipur by 11 AM. Visit some places in noon. Then In the evening went to Chowki Dhani for dinner. And stay in Jaipur Bani Park. And next day visit to some places in Jaipur and then leave to Agra. Stay at Agra on 7th. And next morning visit Taj and few monuments. And in evening go to Mathura and see some temples and stay in Mathura.. then next day back to Delhi.

Please suggest if this looks fine trip. And what all places should I cover in Mathura. Or is it possible to cover mathura main temple without staying der ?

Also suggest some good budget hotels in Mathura ? Also suggest is it possible to cover all these destinations (Jaipur, Agra and Mathura) trip in such short time of 4D/3N.

Thanks!

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling to mathura

It is possible to do your trip in 3/4days time. Your itinerary is also fine but everyday check -in & check-out is just waste of time.

It would be better for you :

Day 01 Delhi - Vrindavan -Mathura- Agra

Day 02 Agra- Fatehpursikri-Jaipur

Day 03 Jaipur

Day 04 Jaipur-Gurgaon----

In this way , you would be able to see Mathura- Vrindavan till late evening , later proceed for Agra ( Mathura -Agra - just 01 hour drive) and Taj Mahal by sun rise.

No need to stay night in Mathura.

Hari Mangal

jatipura mathura
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling to mathura

bharat travels

bharatbusservice.in

5. Re: travelling to mathura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Mathura