We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip in nov,10

mumbai, india
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
trip in nov,10

me, wife, daughter (13 yrs) are planning to tour haridwar & mussoorie from 01nov to 06nov 2010 (i.e: 5 nights, 6 days)

In mussoorie, we are checking in at the jaypee hotel.

this is my planned itinerary :

i am encouraging inputs/suggestions/amendments to make my trip more pleasurable. (please do not advise me of anything that demands much exertion / grueling)

01nov : mum-delhi flight, land delhi, take 22:20 train (mussoorie exp.) to haridwar

02nov : reach haridwar at 0600, check in at maybe URMI hotel (any suggestions here)

travel around haridwar, take dip in holy ganga, return to base.

03nov : maybe visit rishikesh (shoud i stay put at haridwar for an extra night or visit rishikesh instead ?)

if rishiksh : how do i reach rishikesh

what do i do at rishikesh

now at end of day (03nov), should I check in at a rishikesh hotel or drive back to the haridwar hotel for overnight, pl. remember, am traveling to mussoorie next day - 04nov to 06nov (3 nights)

04nov : if in haridwar, take a morning train to dehradun (btw: how much would a taxi ride to dehradun rlway station cost ?

haridwar-dehradun or rishikesh dehradun)

jaypee would arrange the pickup from deh station

04 to 06 nov : in mussoorie (how would you plan my itinerary for these 3 nights, besides visiting the mall again & again..)

07nov : jaypee arranges drop to dehradun station, then take a train to delhi , then del-mum flight

Camel's Back Road
Hiking Trails, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Lal Tibba
Points of Interest & Landmarks
SOHAM Heritage & Art Centre
Points of Interest & Landmarks
india
Level Contributor
3 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip in nov,10

you have worked out ur tour pretty well..still here r some suggestions..

wud recommend Rishikesh than Haridwar.

rishikesh is just next to haridwar..and further up ..so no hassles thr..can take taxi or whatever u hav..

rishikesh has all tpe of adventorous activities..find out from rour operator...esp activities in Ganga

stay put in rishikesh - if thr is an option..

JP should take care of rest

best wishes

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,678 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip in nov,10

I would suggest for 1 night stay at Rishikesh. Book at Sisamjhari Ganga Resort (GMVN), the surrounding landscape is amazing. you will have an unforgottable experience.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip in nov,10

Unless you have a religious interest, I too would recommend Rishikesh to Haridwar. You'll fall in love with the place. It's sheer bliss to be there.

I would suggest 3 days in Rishikesh and 3 days in Mussorie.

Why not hire a car in Delhi for the round trip. A Tata Indigo will cost you 10-12 rupees per kilometer with minimum 200 km per day commitment and you'll have full flexibility to do whatever you like.

Vivek

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip in nov,10

This travel article will give your a fair idea what to do there:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g297689-s4/Mussoorie:…

The following link has list of all the attractions there:

www.uttaranchaltourism.in/mussoorie.html

Vivek

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip in nov,10

All good advice.

One day is OK at Haridwar, after that staying at Rishikesh is better than Haridwar. it has a serene charm.

At Rishikesh you may go for Bungee Jumping, Flying Fox and Water Rafting. Bungee Jumping and Flying Fox operations are being run by a retired army officer in collaboration with a New Zealand based company.

JayPee is a great hotel in Mussorie it's on it's own hillock. I have been there two times, both times it was great fun. Their small indoor heated pool, their Small Disco in their Bar all are very nice but the best thing is their Breakfast on the terrace......

If you are going to JayPee at Mussorie then at Haridwar you should think of Haveli Hari Ganga and at Rishikesh Glasshouse onthe Ganges (Little outside Rishikesh) or at Tapovan resort.

Edited: 28 September 2010, 11:44
india
Level Contributor
3 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip in nov,10

THAT WAS specific ,,thanks....anyone with some hidden treasure rgnd spots in mussorie n rishikesh !

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trip in nov,10

One place is George Everest's house, yes the same person on whose named Mount Everest was named. He was first surveyour General of India and he lived there. His house is still there.

Another place is Landour, not many people visit it but it has some good examples of old architecture and The Wood Oven Pizza from Devdar Restaurant is just great.

From Landour you may walk upto Lal Tibba for excellent views of Himalayan peaks on a clear day.

People loathe Mussorie, but they are those who don't venture beyond Mall Road and Kempty Fall, Mussorie has a lot to offer, if you know where to look or whom to ask ;-)

mumbai, india
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trip in nov,10

thank you everyone for your time:

a small aberration though with our itinerary.

[me, wife, child (13 yrs) trip to mussoorie)

02nov10 - mum to del flight (touch delhi at 17:20)

02nov10 - mussoorie express to haridwar (reach haridwar at 0600)

03nov to 08nov : please advise us

09nov10 - dehradun to mumbai flight

PLEASE SUGGEST HOW TO GET THE BEST FUN FROM 03NOV TO 08NOV, WE HAVE NOT PLANNED A THING, ONLY THE FLIGHT,RAIL TICKETS ARE BOOKED.

please flood with all your suggestions

BTW: someone advised me not to pre-book hotels in mussoorie during nov (even though it is diwali). was advised to walk in any resort & negotiate the best tariff - as this is off season)

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: trip in nov,10

Although season ends by Oct, yet you must book a hotel on Diwali. It's holiday and the half of north India rushes to hills for vacation.

Remember your advisor is not going to repay if you have a bad experience.

Vivek

mumbai, india
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trip in nov,10

i called claridges-nabha : they offered rs.6500 MAP (3 pax - 1 night)

amber vermont : 6000 MAP

sarovar : 6500 MAP

jaypee : 7500 EP

should i hold on further or are these tariff realistic for nov.

also i called kanatal resorts & spa : 7500 MAP (3 pax - 1 night)

the terraces (kanatal) : 7000 MAP

which brings me to this question : KANATAL or DHANAULTI

(like i mentioned earlier, i have no itinerary planned other than the return tickets - the sole objective of this trip - have so much fun, that the memory of this trip should enriche me even after i return to mumbai)

Get answers to your questions about Mussoorie