We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

denpasar to the gili islands near Lombok

Which Denpasar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
7 posts
Save Topic
denpasar to the gili islands near Lombok

Does anybody have any information on how easy it is to get from Denpasar to the Gili Islands near Lombok? I am doing the route in a week so any comments would be very helpful. Thankyou.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: denpasar to the gili islands near Lombok

Hi,

You may want to check out ths flight times here:

www.lombokhotels.com/info/getlombok.php

and then from Lombok to the Gilis:

www.lombokhotels.com/info/giliinfo.php#get

You can also book through them. I booked through www.balivilla.com, which is part of the same company, many years ago. The lady was very nice because I arrived in Bali, she met me at the airport and then gave me my tickets for Lombok as I was taking a connecting flight. Very professional and she actually came all the way to the airport...of course e-ticketing wasn't so common then.. Her name was Eni.

Good Luck.

Bali
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: denpasar to the gili islands near Lombok

Hi unwill,

To fly? It's correct that you have to fly from Denpasar to Mataram, the capital of Lombok Island, then you have to take the land transport then ferry to go across to the Gilis.

Now they have Gilicat, a speed boat from Bali directly to Gilis, but no idea where they docks. It used to be from Padang Bai Harbour on the east coast of Bali, but a few days ago I hear that they start from Serangan, a new development area near Tanjung Benoa Harbour.

Check with them www.gilicat.com if you are thinking to use it instead of flying.

Hope this helps,

Sandra

Bali
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: denpasar to the gili islands near Lombok

Hi unwill,

To fly? It's correct that you have to fly from Denpasar to Mataram, the capital of Lombok Island, then you have to take the land transport then ferry to go across to the Gilis.

Now they have Gilicat, a speed boat from Bali directly to Gilis, but no idea where they docks. It used to be from Padang Bai Harbour on the east coast of Bali, but a few days ago I hear that they start from Serangan, a new development area near Tanjung Benoa Harbour.

Check with them www.gilicat.com if you are thinking to use it instead of flying.

Hope this helps,

Sandra

4. Re: denpasar to the gili islands near Lombok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 13:19