We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending Money?

Perth
Level Contributor
90 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Spending Money?

Hi, can someone give me some advice or info on aprox how much spending money we will need. Its for two adults and two children. I know it may be hard as every one has different expectations on what they will do and what to expect. Just generally, for entertainment, shopping, lunch and dinner and a couple of tours. Flights and accommodation, transfers and breakfast are paid for, and we are going for ten nights. any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Perth
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending Money?

I always allocate $100 per day and that is always plenty. with 4 of you and tours etc I would think $150AUD per day would be more than plenty. I always take a credit card as a back up but rarely ever use it. Hope you have a great holiday.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,272 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending Money?

Ditto to lorienne's response - I would think $150 per day for the four of you will be fine - some days you will spend less. It's the organised tours that often take a bite out of the budget.

Perth
Level Contributor
339 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending Money?

Gee, we must be big spenders then. Last year in June, me hubby and kids (11 & 6) managed to go through about $5000 in 14 days. This did include 2 leather jackets and I have lost count of how many DVD's and PS2 games. We are wine drinkers so this also didn't help as wine is so expensive compared to other alcohol.

We are going again in October for 2 weeks and am allowing $4000 with a credit card back up. The kids will take $500 between them as we make them pay for their own purchases.

I would make sure you can access additional funds if needed - we realised after only a couple of days that we needed more money than we originally budgeted.

Have fun!

Preston, United...
Destination Expert
for Preston
Level Contributor
421 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending Money?

Just come back from our honeymoon, and we spent whatever we wanted, ate out with drinks every night, trips massages KuDeTa and so on, and between the two of us we couldn't spend £1000 in 10 days!!!! £100 a day would surely be enough even for the 4 of you IMHO.

Cheers

Bill

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,541 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending Money?

Hi Bill

I hope you had a dream honeymoon? Are you going to tell us a bit more about it please?

Cheers

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,837 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending Money?

I second that! C'mon Billy, spill the beans.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,541 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending Money?

Bill can't possible resist such pleading from the likes of us, can he Noodles?

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending Money?

Same here? How much is enough? Myself and partner are going next week to Bali.

We've paid for everything such as flights and hotels and just need to organise transport to various places, shop, eat and drink ..... we were thinking of taking £400 each so around £60 per day.... is that alot or even enough?

I'm not going to be splashing out on caviar or expensive vintage champagne. A few beers and local grub will suffice!

Preston, United...
Destination Expert
for Preston
Level Contributor
421 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spending Money?

I will I promise! I have done one for thee infinity pool at KupuKupu. Battling with the flu, and children with the flu, and wife with the flu!!!!! I'll get round to it!

Bill

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,837 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spending Money?

Bionic - I find £50 a day for 2 people (exc accomodation) is more than ample. This assumes you have breakfast provided, and is money for lunch and drinks, pre-dinner drinks, 2 course evening meal, post dinner drinks, shopping, bottles of water, massage etc. Obviously some days you spend more, other days you spend less, so it balances out. Have your ATM card with you anyway in case you go over budget.