We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any scenic rice terraces near Denpasar?

Florida
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Any scenic rice terraces near Denpasar?

I am going to spend 1 day in Denpasar and hope that I can view a rice terrace near there. If there is one would you please include the approximate location.

Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any scenic rice terraces near Denpasar?

Denpasar itself it actually the business and commerce capital of Bali, not a touristy place at all. So, most of the places that interest tourists are out of Denpasar.

Are you arriving by plane or by boat? This information will help us to point in the direction of the closest rice terraces to your arrival point.

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any scenic rice terraces near Denpasar?

The area around Denpasar is flat so you will not find rice terraces in that area. However just south and just east of there you will find rice fields.

Florida
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any scenic rice terraces near Denpasar?

I will be staying in Tanjung Benoa and driving to Denpasar, anything along the way?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any scenic rice terraces near Denpasar?

Nope, afraind not, godixie. You would probably have to organise a half day tour to see any proper rice terraces.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any scenic rice terraces near Denpasar?

Hi godixie,

you can view nice rice terrace in Kerobokan, just 15 minutes from Denpasar. It's not on the main road tho. You can go to Gunung Tangkuban Perahu Street near Kerobokan Jail. Follow the road and you will see a nice view of rice terrace there.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any scenic rice terraces near Denpasar?

To view those you would have to allow 1 -1.5 hours to get there and back depending on time of day and traffic. The trip from Benoa to Central Denpasar (depending on which area of Denpasar you need to go to) is only about 20 minutes.

Edited: 04 August 2011, 05:46
Florida
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Any scenic rice terraces near Denpasar?

Thank you soooooo much for your response and letting me know where one actually is!

Edited: 04 August 2011, 18:00
8. Re: Any scenic rice terraces near Denpasar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 13:17