We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend a fast track service through Denpasar airport?

Which Denpasar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend a fast track service through Denpasar airport?

I visited Bali last year and stayed at a hotel that offered this as a value added service. We were through the whole immigration, customs and baggage collection in less than 5 minutes! This time we are staying at a villa who don't offer this service. I note that there are several companies on the internet who do offer it, but we obviously want to be careful who we hand our money, passports and luggage over to. We only require them to get us through customs and immigration (we'll only have carry on) and then out to our waiting driver. Does anyone have any good recommendations to make? We'd prefer to pay on arrival rather than in advance. Appreciate any comments.

Darwin
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend a fast track service through Denpasar airport?

Personally I wouldn't bother using them. Book an upfront seat on the plane (rows 10 or earlier) and then just walk swiftly, one line up for VOA and the other go to Immigration, hook back up once the VOA has been purchased. From what others have said on the forum they are a bit dodgy and not entirely legal. But each to their own and I am sure someone will be able to tell you which companies are better.

Lou

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
324 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend a fast track service through Denpasar airport?

Its quite fast without the VIP service these days.

Save your $$$ for Cocktails and fine food :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend a fast track service through Denpasar airport?

Thanks for your comments. Useful.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend a fast track service through Denpasar airport?

The VIP VOA service is actually illegal. Everyone should pass through immigration and have their photo ID checked, with VIP service your passports are stamped without checking and really this is not recommended in any country, somehow in Bali they get away with it. Apart from that the long waits are really a thing of the past so paying for this service is a waste of money, especially since you have no luggage to collect, you will be straight through in no time. Have one person buy your visas while the other(s) line up at immigration. Most people are well and truly through in around 20 minutes or less and this includes waiting for luggage to come off the carousel.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend a fast track service through Denpasar airport?

I wouldn't bother.

The last three times I have been through there have been no hold ups.

I can think of much better ways to spend my cash in Bali.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend a fast track service through Denpasar airport?

Gosh. Thanks for the comments. Might just have to tough it out this time. Good idea to multi-task the queues. Perhaps we need to upgrade to business to get off first :-) Thanks for all of your comments.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommend a fast track service through Denpasar airport?

sometimes it doesn't matter what seat you are in IF you are taken to the terminal in the bus rather than get out directly at the terminal. It also depends on how many other planes are there at the same time.

Best to just walk fast ahead of as many people as you can at the terminal, get one to buy the visas and have the others in the queue for immigration.

The people paid to run the VIP VOA service are merely pushing in front of other passengers to get you through immigration which is really not fair on anyone. IF you were to use them AND you had luggage to collect it really doesn't matter how fast they get you through immigration they can't control the speed at which the suitcases come out and many people find themselves delayed at this point waiting for the suitcases to come through.

Save your money and spend it on other things.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommend a fast track service through Denpasar airport?

Walk efficiently, have your travel partner queue up at the VOA line (and have the correct cash), while you line up at immigration.

The service is illegal and annoying for other passengers - I certainly wouldn't want anyone pushing in front of me in the immigration queue.

In any case, not really needed.

Have a great trip.

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommend a fast track service through Denpasar airport?

I was in Bali last month and happened to touch down at the same time as two other planes. It took more than 1.5 hours to get through customs etc, my driver almost left before I made it out. I am definitely going with the express service next time. Just my 2c.

It seems that you can organise it when you touch down if required.

Have fun.

Hastings, Australia
Level Contributor
630 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommend a fast track service through Denpasar airport?

Has been quick enough without VIP on my last couple of trips. Once I'm off the plane I'm in relax mode anyway, no need to get stressed over a little wait :)