We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating Availability vs All inclusive

Farnborough
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Eating Availability vs All inclusive

I am planning a four day stopover in Bali and was surprised to see that. It many of the hotels are offering all-inclusive options and the few I did see are very expensive. As such, I would be grateful for any guidance on locations where there is availability of reasonably priced restaurants, reasonably priced all inclusive a or general guidance... Thanks.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,935 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating Availability vs All inclusive

All inclusive is not a good idea in Bali. Just get a room with breakfast and you will be spoilt for choice with the numerous local restaurants you have to choose from. Prices are much much cheaper than what you would pay for all inclusive and you don't want to be locked into meals in one place.

Level Contributor
237 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating Availability vs All inclusive

Agreed get Breakfast and enjoy all Bali has to offer Yum!

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating Availability vs All inclusive

Breakfast OK because it is convenient.

Go and explore the wonderful variety of foods that are on offer.

Outside hotels eating out is amazingly cheap.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,018 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating Availability vs All inclusive

I have to agree 100% with everyone, usually my only daily dilemma in Bali is where to eat... Just too many great options and not enough days.

I too recommend only breakfast at the hotel, for the other meals you'll be spoiled for choice.

Perth WA
Level Contributor
447 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating Availability vs All inclusive

Hey - we know people who have done the all inclusive, however where they have done it was the Melia Nusa Dua.

If you REALLY want to stay at Nusa Dua and eat every meal in the hotel - then it MAY be worth it. However, if you want to have variety wher you can eat for $10 or $100 (2people), then I wouldn't recommend ND.

It really depends on the area you want to stay - there are cheaper options/more variety in other areas, but it really depends on the type of accom you want.

Maybe let us know the style of accom you want and if you want to eat in variety of restaurants, then we can advise you further.

6. Re: Eating Availability vs All inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 05:19