We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf from Safari Park

Queensland...
Level Contributor
46 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Golf from Safari Park

Planning to stay at the Safari Park for 3 nights. Is it better to hire a driver to take us to Bali Handara Golf Course in Bedegal from there or wait till we get back to Seminyak. Also any idea of cost to the golf course wait & return? Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,678 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf from Safari Park

Hi Roz!

Welcome to Bali Forum! When are you planning your holiday? I ask, as the wet season is now through to end February and playing at Handara is recommended first thing in the morning. It is bound to rain there in the arvo and last time my husband played there and got rained out, he did not get a "raincheck" or a refund for the holes not played!

If you can arrange a driver to take you from Gianyar to Bedugal wait and return it would be good.

As for cost, sorry I cannot help you with that one.

However, if, you are keen golfers, and have some time in Bali, have a look at rafflesgolfbali.com (I think that's right) google it anyway. It is a friendly social group of locals and expats and they welcome visitors. Golf is cheaper with them! Also on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month they play away at either Nirwana, Handara, Bali Golf and Country Club or Sanur.

The raffles are based at "The New Kuta Golf Course" located at Pecatu.

Handara is a spectacular place, built inside the crater of an extinct volcano and the rooms do not have air conditioning, but heaters! We have stayed a few times and it is magical! The cloud slowly descends over the crater lip reaching down to the ground, so just when the sun is rising, looking out at the course from the balcony all you see is cloud and slowly as the sun rises, the course is revealed!

I read somewhere that the accommodation now is somewhat tired and in need of renovating. That's sad, as it is in a lovely spot!

While there you can also visit the Pura Danu Temple (on the lake) and the Royal Botanical Gardens for a scenic drive through!

hope this helps you a wee bit!

cheers

wendy

Queensland...
Level Contributor
46 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf from Safari Park

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for that great information.

We didn't know about rafflesgolfbali.com but will certainly check it out.

We're not going till July so have plenty of time.

My husband has played Handara about 10yrs ago & the other courses more recently, but not the New Kuta Golf. We thought that because we will be at the Safari Park first it might be nice to revisit Handara.

Once again, thanks.

If I think of any more questions, will post.

Roz.

Reply to: Golf from Safari Park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted