We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intercontinental Jimbaran versus Laguna Nusa Dua

Which Jimbaran hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Western...
4 posts
Save Topic
Intercontinental Jimbaran versus Laguna Nusa Dua

My husband and I are planning a trip to Bali in June this year for 14 days and after exhaustive research, we have narrowed our choice of hotels down to the Intercontinental at Jimbaran or the Laguna at Nusa Dua.

We are not party animals, so a hotel away from the "action" suits us and we are not interested in the almost total isolation of some private villas with pools either.

We were looking at a pool access room at the Laguna or a Club room at the Intercontinental.

Does anyone have recent experiences as a mature couple without children in either of these hotels?

Thank you for your time spent reading my post and/or replying.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,020 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Intercontinental Jimbaran versus Laguna Nusa Dua

Have a read through the Tripadvisor reviews for these hotels and see if you can then make a decision and/or someone may answer this who has first hand knowledge from staying at one or both.

Jimbaran and Nusa Dua would both suit what you are looking for, and so too would Sanur - maybe also check out the Hyatt in Sanur.

All the best.

Edited: 13 February 2010, 09:48
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,481 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Intercontinental Jimbaran versus Laguna Nusa Dua

Hi

I stayed at Nusa Dua (the Grand Hyatt) the 1st time I came to Bali and then stayed at the Intercontinental a couple of times after that. This was quite a few years ago and I have to say that my choice would still be the Intercontinental as I prefer the location - not too far away from everything and yet still peaceful and quiet. I hope someone with more recent experience can hep you.

Cheers

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
150 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Intercontinental Jimbaran versus Laguna Nusa Dua

My preference is Laguna Nusa Dua, especially the pool access room. The hotel has fewer rooms than the Intercontinental, hence less people around. Since the Laguna has interconnected pools that almost surround the hotel, there'll surely be a secluded spot somewhere there.

You can read my review of the hotel here.

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Intercontinental Jimbaran versus Laguna Nusa Dua

The Laguna has the most amazing swimming pools. The beach is also beautiful.

I have not stayed at the Intercontinental but Jimbaran will generally have more human traffic because of the seafood restaurants on the beach.

Perth, Western...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Intercontinental Jimbaran versus Laguna Nusa Dua

Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. The information you provided about your experiences at the Intercontinental has been really helpful.

What type of room did you stay in at the IC? We are considering the Club Rooms primarily because of their facilities and amenity.

Do you know if the IC has daily poolside or beachside activities for their guests?

Cheers

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Intercontinental Jimbaran versus Laguna Nusa Dua

I am not a big fan of the beach at the Laguna as it experiences seasonal erosion - also its on a strip of hotels, from the Nusa Dua Beach Hotel, Westin, and Laguna, so lots of people walking around.

The Intercontinental is free standing - the next closest hotel is the Four Seasons, but the fresh fish cafes are next door. The beach at the IC is rough in the northern winter months, but very nice otherwise.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,481 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Intercontinental Jimbaran versus Laguna Nusa Dua

Hi

I have stayed in both at the IC - the 'normal' rooms and the club rooms. I really loved the club rooms - the pool is much quieter than the main pool but there is nothing to stop you from attending the activities in the main pool. Personally the quieter the pool the better it is for me as i don't like crowds!

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Intercontinental Jimbaran versus Laguna Nusa Dua

Last year we stayed at the Intercontinental in a Club room. Fantastic, great staff, cocktail time is really special with great cocktails & different Canapes every night. The resort is lovely, lots of room. We then made the mistake of moving to the Laguna. We had to ask for our room to be cleaned again before we could move in. Staff were disinterested and we were given someone elses account on check out. This year we are heading straight to the Intercontinental and staying there!

Edited: 02 April 2010, 08:14
perth
Level Contributor
363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Intercontinental Jimbaran versus Laguna Nusa Dua

Hi we have stayed intercon club 12 times in the last 3 years fantastic just make sure you use everthing cocktails great

10. Re: Intercontinental Jimbaran versus Laguna Nusa Dua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2010, 05:16