We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jimbaran or Sanur for accommodations???

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
889 posts
516 reviews
Save Topic
Jimbaran or Sanur for accommodations???

Hi!

My husband and I will be in Bali and have booked 4 nights in Ubud. We will then continue traveling to other islands in Indonesia.

We come back, before returning back home, and spend 4 nights in Bali again.

Should we stay in Sanur or Jimbaran Bay? I thought I wanted to stay in Sanur but then read about Jimbaran Bay and it is making my decision more difficult.

Help please!

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
889 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Jimbaran or Sanur for accommodations???

Many thanks for the great feedback. We will be in the area in March 2013.

I had been looking at the Griya Santrian! I need to decide pretty soon.

I am hoping to take one or two half day trips to see a few of the temples that I don't get to see while in Ubud!!!

Cheers everyone!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Jimbaran or Sanur for accommodations???

Then definitely Sanur because it's much easier to get in and out of for day trips, than Jimbaran, traffic wise.

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
889 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Jimbaran or Sanur for accommodations???

Thanks everyone!!! I think I have made up my mind......Sanur!!! Now is the part I love...getting a hotel....really it is fun!!!

Cheers everyone!

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
889 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Jimbaran or Sanur for accommodations???

Just a quick note to let everyone know that my husband and I spent our last few days, of our 2 month trip to Asia, in beautiful Sanur. We loved the town. We enjoyed the restaurants, the shopping and the atmosphere. We even got several beauty treatments, including pedicures. My husband also got a well needed haircut and a massage and I got my eyebrows done. Very affordable services!

We really enjoyed our stay at the beautiful Sudamala Suites & Villas. We dined, twice at Sale e Pepe Italian Restaurant and had drinks at Flapjacks during their happy hour. I will write individual reviews later on, as we just arrived yesterday afternoon. I also used an excellent driver for several day trips during our stay at Ubud and Candidasa. Anyone interested in his name and contact info, feel free to PM me. I also will write a separate review for him, as he was excellent.

Thanks for the feedback to all Trip Advisor friends.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Jimbaran or Sanur for accommodations???

Glad we could help, and very pleased you liked Sanur.

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
500 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Jimbaran or Sanur for accommodations???

Great to hear you enjoyed Sanur.

We haven't spent a lot of time there in the past but are staying for a few days in July & really looking forward to it.

I will pm you for driver details now the list has been removed

Happy travels !!

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
889 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Jimbaran or Sanur for accommodations???

Yes, thanks!! We are back home!!! PM me whenever you are ready for the info.

Cheers!

18. Re: Jimbaran or Sanur for accommodations???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 05:15