We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Dinner: Jimabaran or Seminyak ??

Which Jimbaran hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
37 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Dinner: Jimabaran or Seminyak ??

Hi

We are going to Bali in November end. Wanted to enjoy a sunset dinner. So far I have read that Jimbaran is famous for sea food, we however are vegetarians. I wanted to know which one would be a better option Seminyak or JImbaran.

Please suggest.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Dinner: Jimabaran or Seminyak ??

If you are not on a tight budget I would suggest la lucciola or breeze at The Samaya. Both are in seminyak. Jimbaran beach restaurants are not cheap either and in my opinion over rated.

You will have a much better experience in seminyak I think!

These places are still very reasonably priced by Australian standards and the food is amazing with good vegetarian options.

If you want to go for cheaper options there are the beanbag bars on the beach between double 6 and dhyana pura roads. Good spot for a drink but the food is pretty average !

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
677 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Dinner: Jimabaran or Seminyak ??

In Jimbaran, you can enjoy a private beach side dinner experience at the Intercontinental or Sundara restaurant at the Four Seasons in Jimbaran, which has views over the beach.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Dinner: Jimabaran or Seminyak ??

nar your dinner will be with 1,000 other people but lovely. great spot

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
37 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Dinner: Jimabaran or Seminyak ??

Thanks for the update. We are thinking of around AUD $30 per head for that dinner. We are 4 people. Do you think Breezes or La Lucciola would suit us or would it be on a much higher side ?

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,389 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Dinner: Jimabaran or Seminyak ??

My favourite place for dinner and sunset is neither, it's Echo Beach in Canggu. It's a cheap taxi ride away from Kuta or Seminyak.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset Dinner: Jimabaran or Seminyak ??

It really depends on your alcohol intake! If you have a couple of beers each you may go close but if you are having cocktails and wine it may come in over budget!

La lucciola has amazing stuffed zucchini flowers if they are still in the menu! Maybe you should email them for a copy of their menus to help you make a decision or check their menu out during the day and then book one if you think it suits and is in your budget.

Denpasar, Indonesia
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset Dinner: Jimabaran or Seminyak ??

jimbaran

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
4,642 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunset Dinner: Jimabaran or Seminyak ??

Not sure about La Lucciola but I think if you want to stick to your budget Breezes isn't the place. As mentioned in a previous post, the beach side bars further up towards Legian would suit your budget better. Have a look at Gado Gado, that might not be so pricey.

9. Re: Sunset Dinner: Jimabaran or Seminyak ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 06:20