We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jimbaran seafood restaurants.

Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Jimbaran seafood restaurants.

Hi everyone. What seafood restaurant would you recomend in Jimbaran. We are looking for one with a water view if possible. What other activities should be do in Jimbaran while there?

Thanks for your help!!

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jimbaran seafood restaurants.

There are many to choose from that are very similar, I always go to Lia Cafe, has a very good reputation.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jimbaran seafood restaurants.

you can do water sport activities in tanjung benoa, there is 20 minutes drive from jimbaran.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,623 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jimbaran seafood restaurants.

If I was going to visit Jimbaran Bay for a seafood dinner, I would choose Lia Restaurant due to it's honesty in relation to weight of fish/prices and quality.

I would go late afternoon before sunset, to enjoy the view of the planes arriving/taking off and the sunset across the water!

Too many restaurants are driven by greedy profits at the expense of the tourist, with hefty commissions paid to drivers to take you to a particular restaurant.

If your dinner arrives with a side dish of "water spinach" avoid eating it, as it is not always grown in hygienic conditions and can lead to a bad tummy!!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,018 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jimbaran seafood restaurants.

Hi,

Same view from me, Lia café has been my favorite for the past few years. Inexplicably everytime one waiter asks me how is life in Germany... it's been going on for a few years and nothing will change his mind. To him I'm the weird German who likes to drink Teh Botol and asks for kecap manis.

You can either go with the set menu or do as I usually do, go look at what they have and pick your diner.

I like them a lot, but if you go with a driver there is a good chance he will get a commission. Like all restaurants on that stretch they have a double set of menus. A few years ago they showed me both versions.

My advice is to get there by taxi, have a walk on the beach and from there walk up to your restaurant of choice.

They will call a taxi or you'll find transport back from the street.

Kinloch, New Zealand
Level Contributor
29 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jimbaran seafood restaurants.

Hi. Another vote for Lia café. Was there last week. It was the only restaurant that was almost full (tables on the beach), Very well cooked seafood with good friendly service. Insist the taxi stops at Lia café as ours was quite forceful trying to take us to another location.

Prague
Level Contributor
55 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jimbaran seafood restaurants.

Everybody used to go to Teba, now seems we've all migrated to Menega, both at the South section by Interconti.

True most taxis will not be excited to take you to the South because no commissions there which is why you'll see lots of locals.

Singapore
Level Contributor
269 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jimbaran seafood restaurants.

Yes - Lia Cafe for us too.

Call to reserve the first or beach-front tables and be there by 5.30pm

Just enough time to choose your seafood package and be seated to enjoy the sunset etc ….

We like Paket C for 2 pax at 420k - had lobsters/crabs/prawns/clams with 3 different sauces in the set as well as rice & vegey & fruit & 2 Bintangs - they’re quite flexible and allowed us to switch certain items :

the clams for 5 more prawns and a Bintang for a young coconut instead

The set we were served with had 2 very good-sized lobsters but the crabs were really really tiny - prawns were medium-sized [had asked to switch to fewer Jumbo Prawns but was told not possible for a set]

Maybe we got there early enough - so the items were properly grilled - not overdone as still very juicy

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Jimbaran seafood restaurants.

the best restaurant in jimbaran bay is sea side cafe.

Berwick, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jimbaran seafood restaurants.

Hi

Sorry for jumping in on your conversation. Does Lia café accommodate for Children we will be taking 2x11year olds and 9 year old.

TIA

Lynda

Singapore
Level Contributor
269 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jimbaran seafood restaurants.

Yes chidren would be fine at Lia Cafe