We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tirtha Bridal

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Tirtha Bridal

Has anyone recently got married at Tirtha in Bali?

Was their service any good?

5 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tirtha Bridal

Hi. I am wondering the same too as we are planning on getting married there in June. Have you had a good or bad experience with them?

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tirtha Bridal

I am actually going to go there at the end of April to check out the place.

Ive read some bad reviews about their service but also some good ones so Im a little confused.

London
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tirtha Bridal

Thanks! Same here about the mix of good and bad reviews. I think we are going to just bite the bullet and book the chape there and use Tirtha Bridal and hope/pray they are not as bad as some reviewers have stated. Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of going over for a site inspection first as we live too far away.

Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tirtha Bridal

Hi! Did you guys end up checking out Tirtha Bridal? I would love to hear your opinions about the wedding planners, venue, food, etc!

Thank you!

Philadelphia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tirtha Bridal

We thought we wanted to have our wedding next year at Tirtha Uluwatu & Luhur; we read one bad review on Tripadvisor and it did not deter us.

The responses from the venue were for the most part prompt & friendly, however we found them to be extremely inflexible. We did notice that a wedding at Tirtha is at least 30% more than other venues in the area, but cost wasn't a determining issue for us. For someone who is planning a wedding overseas, service (responsiveness, flexibility, attention to detail, etc.) is the most important; and if you are working with a budget, which most wedding planning couples are, you wouldn't want surprises that may break your budget.

I made a very detailed spreadsheet of all the things we wanted and it was very helpful to ask Tirtha about each item. Turns out, nothing was negotiable or "free" at Tirtha-- you must be prepared to pay for every little detail.

What eventually made us decide to give up on our top choice of wedding location, Tirtha, was the fact that they bait & switched on their answers when we dug deeper into each question-- the guest transportation for 8 hours was for hire for 8 hours, but only able to do 1 pick up & 1 drop-off; the substitution options they gave us in their original email was a complete lie (and they weren't apologetic about it at all), DJ only plays music (apparently their DJ does not talk & we would still need to hire a MC), etc. We did not want to deal with the stress of planning an oversea wedding with surprises & hidden costs, so we ruled Tirtha out.

If you didn't want to customize anything and just take their packages, then you may be fine. But to have our dream wedding, Tirtha would be way too frustrating to work with.

Reply to: Tirtha Bridal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kuta
Recent Conversations