We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wooohooo got my social visa !!!

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
wooohooo got my social visa !!!

Bali here i come.. all booked now received my social visa yesterday.. booked in to Life in Amed 5 days.. then on to Matahari for 30 days then on to where ?? who knows :P .. using matahari bungalow in legian as our base.. incase want to move around.. got great deals on both .. my Balinese fiancee struck up an awesome deal for matahari i booked Life in Amed over the net..

im really looking forward to this visit.. this will only be my 2nd time last year being my 1st....also with great info from all of you guys regarding places to visit 5th feb cant come soon enuff..

safari park - sounds a must.. also bird park on way home..

i never visited boompark or water park whatever you call it soo i`ll be checking this out..

also elephant park/ride.. looks fun.. oh also the elephant temple.. i checked out 3/4 temples last time.. got some awesome photos of these.. check my profile for link..

just out of interest.. has anyone climbed Mount Agung ??

and mmmmmmmmm the food.. i dont want to get started on this topic hehehe...

excited ?? just a little hehehe !!

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: wooohooo got my social visa !!!

Hi Jock

Have a fantastic holiday, am really jealous, have to wait another 6 months for mine. How long are you there for? Thanx for info re zoo park. Looked at your slides on Bali 07, very impressed, I've got a way to go with my ICT skills! Enjoy your visit to Amed, loved it there & keep in touch with friends.

The elementary school had just taken delivery of a new computer last August, their 1st, donated by a tourist. Perhaps you could visit & see how they're getting on with it as it hadn't been set up when I left.

Thanx Ursie

PS Don't forget to pack your thongs!!

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: wooohooo got my social visa !!!

hehe.. i wont forget my " thongs " infact think i need a new pair ( for my feet ) !! and glad you liked my gallery.. so this school its in Amed right ?? im a bit of a whizz kid on a PC.. so will pop in to see if everything`s all up and running think i also have some PC books laying around they can have them also !!.. would it be ok i just turn up ?? should i quote your name or anything ? my fiancee will be with me so the language barrier wont be a problem..

in total i`ll be in bali minimum 40 days.. max 60 !

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: wooohooo got my social visa !!!

Hi Jock

I visited the school with my daughter & a friend, Made Arya who organised it for us. Made works at Kembali Bungalows. You could either contact him there or just pop in I guess. You'll need directions from a local as it's off the main road & isn't signposted. I have a special interest in the school as after meeting so many children on the beach selling their wares to raise money for their schooling, I organised to sponsor a family to go to school, 2 of them are at the elementary school & 1 at junior high in Culik.I'm not a computer whizzkid so was unable to offer to set up their new computer. It'd be great if you could check it out. It'd be even better if you could give me some details about the system etc & then I could take some compatible software this summer.

WOW lucky you, 40+ days no wonder you're so excited!I can check with Made if it's ok to give you his mobile number, just let me know. Also who would I tell him might be calling? Jock?

Thanx alot, really appreciate your offer.

Ursie

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: wooohooo got my social visa !!!

Hi

Can someone please let Bali know he's on his way!!!!

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: wooohooo got my social visa !!!

Hi. You'll like Matahari Bungalows. See if you can get one of the back rooms on the bottom. They have a nice verandah and you can walk out to the grass area and the pool. Watch the arak cocktails if drinking at the pool bar. You have a few and feel great UNTIL you need to get out of the pool to go to the toilet. As you go to walk up the steps you realise your legs don't work. Is that where the term "legless" comes from?

Arak does that to you.

Don't get me started on food. There are too many great restaurants to try.

Have a great time.

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: wooohooo got my social visa !!!

Hehee burns.. yup 2 weeks today woooooooohoo. .. i`ll get my fiancee to check for 1 of thoose back rooms.. will certainly be watching out for arak cocktails hehehe.. im not to keen on spirits..as they send me loopy.. im fine on beer.. soon as i mix.. its party over well after a few hours :D

Ursie pm me Made`s mobile number.. let them know norie will be calling.. well unless he cant speak english Ari will be calling :P

cheers..

17. Re: wooohooo got my social visa !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Kuta
Recent Conversations