We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfers

Victoria
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfers

We will be arriving in Bali at 10.45pm and need to get to Candi Dasa. The hotel doesn't offer transfers and i was wondering is it going to be easy to get a bemo at the airport or would a taxi be a better way to travel. I know its alway crazy at the Denpasar airport.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfers

Hi you will be better turning left as you come out of arrivals and going straight to the taxi counter and getting a fixed price taxi to take you there. Oh hang on, you are going to Candi Dasa! Maybe you might be better arranging a pick up with one of the recommended drivers on this forum! At that time of night, I would be reluctant to try and find a bemo driver to negotiate a fare (I don't think they are allowed to hawk for business within the airport perimeter, anyway). Hopefully someone can put you wise on the probable cost of a fixed price taxi to Candi Dasa as opposed to a pre arranged pick up. Did you book direct with the hotel or through a aussie travel agent? If the latter, you could ask the travel agent to assist.

hope some of the foregoing is a bit of help to you.

Enjoy your holiday!!!

wendy

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfers

By Taxi will be expensive with midnight surcharge...no Bemo @ Bali...Better if you rent car...

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfers

Hey Wendy,

Maybe you has too many Bintangs on your last flight! Try turning RIGHT as you come out of the terminal. (that is the arm without the watch.)

Current cost of a taxi to Candi Dasa is 300,000 but that will soon be changed due to the recent fuel price increase. The biggest hassle will be getting a driver who wants to go there.

Wendy's suggestion of a preorganising a driver is easily the best option.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfers

Yes, of course you are totally correct, cempaka!

Turn right. By the way, I do not wear a watch and I do not drink Bintang. I do not drink on the flight.

I prefer water!

cheers

wendy

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfers

Choose a driver from the recommended drivers page, who is based in Candi dasa, to meet you. There are several.

That way, your driver will also be home when he drops you.

Few airport taxi drivers will want to go to Candi dasa so late at night.

Also you may find prices for drivers have increased.

This is because petrol/deisel just increased in price by 30% last week.

Victoria
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfers

Thanks for the answers I think we will arrange a Driver from the TA listing to come and get us to be on the safe side, we wont worry about trying to get a taxi. Thanks again all.

7. Re: Airport Transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2008, 09:47
Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Transfers

I am so not going on that day cruise!!!!

9. Re: Airport Transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 18:17