We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amed hotels

South Africa
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
amed hotels

Has anyone stayed at the Indra Udhyana hotel in Amed? Is it on a sandy beach or one full of rocks? Looking for somewhere reasonable, sandy beach and close to dive sites in Amed. Any help will be appreciated!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: amed hotels

Indra Udhyana was closed last time i was in Bali, which was in June this year.

However the rumour was that it had been bought over.

The location is good.. set above the sandy beach at Lipah.

Hopefully it has reopened with better management

Other hotels on the beach at Lipah are Hidden Paradise, Coral View and Pondok Vienna.

The next sandy beach has Life in Amed at Lean.

After that, the beach at Selang has budget accom at Good Karma, or the lovely, but more upmarket, Blue Moon Villas.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: amed hotels

HI,

I stayed at Bayu Cottages in Amed last Xmas...$34.00 a night per room...Marcel the owner will respond to your emails quickly...the rooms have ocean views and the snorkeling is fantastic...only a small place about 6 rooms and the food is wonderful...i just loved seeing the fishing boats go out each day from my bed...the hospitality was fantastic...small swimming pool though...who needs a swimming pool when you have this great ocean in front of the hotel and it wasn't noisy at all...very quiet area and many different restaurants around.

Hope this helps you i don't know anything about the hotel you mentioned, but just had to tell you about Bayu Cottages!!!

Oh and by the way the beach is a black volcanic sandy beach!

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: amed hotels

Hi,

Some other places you might like to look at. They're in Amed village which has volcanic sand & is pebbly not white sand. I love Amed as the local people are so friendly, the children are full of fun & laughter & it's a great place to chill out & relax.

www.kembalibeachbungalows.nl

Opposite is Jukung Dive

www.jukungdivebali.com

www.amedcafe.com

www.geriagirishanti.com

www.santaibali.com

www.apakabarvillas.com

Aparkabar villas is in the next bay to the other properties.

Amed cafe has their own dive centre as do Apa Kabar Villas

I have stayed at Kembali, Amed Cafe & Geria Giri Shanti if you want any more info about them. I've visited Apa Kabar & called in at reception of Santai Hotel to pick up a leaflet.

Ursie

Ursie

Avalon Beach...
Level Contributor
822 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: amed hotels

List of hotels here

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g608478-c81411/Amed:B…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
371 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: amed hotels

Hi Bjane,

We have just returned from four nights in Amed when we stayed at Life at Amed in Lean. It is very nice = right on a sandy beach. Just 8 villas set in nice gardens around a pool. The owner Sarah is English and great and the food in the restaurant is good. The only drawback for us that it is a little isolated - there is only one other restaurant in walking distance. However it is easy to get transport. When we go next time we will try Hidden Paradise which was recommended by some ex pats we met there. It looks good and is also on a sandy beach with good snorkelling. Hope you have a super holiday.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: amed hotels

I also loved Bayu Cottages. It is across the road perched on the hill opposite Pondok Viena and Hidden Paradise which are directly on Lipah Beach.

I loved it because the view is terrific and the rooms are spacious and airy, it is also only 60 seconds to get to the beach.

I would also consider Hidden Paradise if I couldn't get in there again, it is a small place.

The beach at this area is lovely, you can snorkel in shallow water without having to use a boat.

Wales
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: amed hotels

I stayed at this hotel in August 2007. We stayed 3 nights after a week in Coral View, only because everywhere else was full. It was once a very upmarket place, but has fallen on hard times. It is a great location with access to Lipah beach and placed on a rocky headland. Good snorkelling right from the hotel.

Sadly the hotel front is falling into the sea along with the built in tables and stools that each sea view room once had. All the paths, swimming pool and verandahs are cracked big time, although the pool still worked.

Inside the rooms are well maintained and very large (sitting area sofa and tele fridge huge four poster bed) for the US$25 per night we paid. Staff were very friendly.

I am not surprised that it has folded. There were very few guests when we were there and the rest of Lipah was full!!

Hope it can be rescued as I now have a soft spot for it.

gog

K53
Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: amed hotels

Stayed at Coral View 4 years ago, & it was fine, & reasonable value. I particularly liked the restaurant early morning before breakfast, when the fishermen bring the boats in beside the restaurant & share out the catch.

Am heading there again in 4 weeks time & my friend booked Bayu Cottages, so will post feedback on my return!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
257 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: amed hotels

http://www.lifebali.com/

Great place to stay!!!!

South Africa
Level Contributor
33 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: amed hotels

Thanks for all the advice. Have now booked Hidden Paradise and am happy with that. Thanks again!