We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alcohol

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
2 posts
Save Topic
alcohol

hey guys..

my exams finish soon so me and some mates (6) have schoolies set up for 14 days at the bakung sari in kuta. we just would like to know the following:

1. price of a large and small bintang (in rupia)

2. aussie spirits price (my mates jimmy johnny and jack)

3. local spirits (arak) price

4. price of the alcohol at the hotspots.

5. the hotspots

6. a meal on budget price and where the best is

7. aussie bars/cricket and such on tvs

8. tourist stuff like shirt prices, boardies, sunnys, thongs, and the like.

i know its a tall order however it would be greatly appriciated..

thank you

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
540 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alcohol

Hi

Just got back and the best bar with lots of sports is the Stadium cafe. sm bintang there is 22,000 and they have the best food...everything u can think of from steaks, indonesian, mexian, burgers etc. A meal here is anywhere from 35,000-80,000 depending on what you have.

Alcohol varies depending on where you drink. Hotels are more expensive at around 35,000 for a beer. Jim beam and jacks is quite expensive 50,000-80,000 again depending on where u drink. Can get local whiskey for cheaper. When you order a bourbon or whiskey off the menu at say 50,000 just remember you have to buy the coke aswell so will be an extra 20,000 making it 70,000.

Happy hours are much cheaper so make the most of them. half price or 2 for one usually but check what is included. my brother was ordering jim beams and when it came time to pay they said they were not included in happy hour and they were costing $10 AUD per drink.

Aussie bar in Melasti st I was getting 1 litre of illusion cocktail for $40,000 and meals there also very cheap. Average meals but still ok.

Shirts 35,000-40,000, boardies about 50,000, denhim shorts or camoflage 80,000. It used to be a matter of halving the price they said when you started to barter but they say ridiculous amounts now so u need to offer them either a quarter or third of what price they say and dont move too far from it. they will come down.

Have a great time

2. Re: alcohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2010, 06:18