We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patra in January

Perth
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Patra in January

Hi

Booked for our family of 4 in January but still unsure on where to stay. The options we're considering are a deluxe suite at the Patra, adjoining deluxe rooms at Ramada Bintang, or kids suite at the Dynasty (not really an option in my mind). Kids are 7 & 9 and wont really be into kids club - just want a nice pool area, other kids around and a good room.

Karika, Santika, Holiday Inn and other rooms at the Dynasty are not available, so these are our south Kuta/Tuban options really.

Patra location should be fine, as we're not likely to spend a lot of time in Kuta shopping or whatever. Happy to get a taxi to Waterbom or to go out for dinner.

Look forward to your replies

Cheers

Dave

Mentioned in this post
Tuban
Tuban
Kuta, Indonesia
Krisna Sunset Road
Gift & Speciality Shops
Kuta Shopping Street
Gift & Speciality Shops
Bamboo Balance
Gift & Speciality Shops
Joger Park
Gift & Speciality Shops
Perth
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patra in January

I have stayed at the Patra and it is very nice. I can't remember which room type I stayed in but it was very nice, modern, had small lounge area, corner bath and the breakfast was amazing. There was every choice you could possibly imagine and very good quality. I have been told that the Ramada Bintang is getting a bit tired but I think you need to see the reviews here on TA to confirm this. If you dont mind being a little out of Kuta then the Patra is a great choice.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
693 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Patra in January

the kids suites in the dynasty are all refurbished, and consist of a bunk bed partitioned off from the main room. they have a game station and cable tv in their room. no the kids club is really for 3-8yrs old. but they do have an extensive range of activites available everyday around the main pool. This is a great resort for families and would highly recommend it if you can get a room.

the patra is more up market and wouldn't have the same atmosphere for the kids.

there are some great resturants right outside the resort at dynasty - Cielo's is a favourite inexpensive italian with great pizza and pasta. also money exchange in kodak shop next door. you can walk to everything, safest way is along the new beach path and cut in at discovery centre to waterbom. also highly recommend to book ahead a day cabana to put your things and relax.

3. Re: Patra in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2010, 05:18