We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Menjangan Island from Kuta?

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
How to get to Menjangan Island from Kuta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2016, 10:00
Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Menjangan Island from Kuta?

If you don't hear from others who have done this particular trip, I would Google for the information, as there is a lot there to read.

You would need to allow yourself at least an overnight stay and more likely more than one, in order to make the most of a vist to Menjangan.

You could either get there by orgnaising a driver for yourself or perhpas take up a package deal to go and stay and snorkel with their gear...as I say, have a read of what there is available, by Googling it.

Have fun.

Edited: 20 February 2010, 03:13
2. Re: How to get to Menjangan Island from Kuta?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2016, 10:00
Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Menjangan Island from Kuta?

That's what I am saying, you need to stay there in order to make it worthwhile...it's a long drive if you plan to do it all in one day and return to Kuta. Sometimes you just have to grin and bear it and pay the extra to stay somewhere despite having accommodation in Kuta.

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Menjangan Island from Kuta?

Hi,

I agree you really have to stay at least one night (better several nights) in this area, otherwise you will be travelling too much in one day.

We stayed in Pemuteran, which is also in the north west of Bali, close to Menjangan Island, and it took us four hours by rental car to reach Ubud, and we stopped only once for a short break.

Have a nice stay,

kind regards,

Sylvia

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Menjangan Island from Kuta?

Thats a long way to go for a day trip.

Besides. Menjangan is better known for its diving rather than snorkeling. You might want to read up on Amed. There's off beach snorkeling and doable if you leave early morning. A more practical option if you are not overnighting.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Menjangan Island from Kuta?

Hi,

I have been to Menjangan and Amed. Def agree that if you are not planning on spending one night there, then head for Amed, though even for Amed, I would snorkel there in the morning.

You need to set aside at least 3h hours to get to Menjangan. Once you hit west, you still need to get a boat to go to Menjangan. You have to go there with a ranger as it's part of the Bali Barat National Park(so that area is the Marine Park). Many hotels in Permuteran provide the equipment(for a fee or course). You can also stay on the island, but there is only the Waka Shorea, as far as I know. I think there is another hotel, but I do not know the name I remember seeing the lights though...

The waters there at Menjangan are lovely. Between Amed and Menjangan, I prefer Menjangan. Amed has "black sand", so if your timing is not good and if it's choppy then the sand gets stirred up and you can't see very much.

When I went to Menjangan, I did it as a day trip as I wasn't staying on the island. They took us to 2 sites to snorkel. Both were lovely as both had live coral with gorgeous colours.

Personally, I think that if your hotel is at Kuta, your nearest (nice) place to snorkel is Nusa Lembongan. I ahve heard hat you can also snorkel at Nusa Dua, but I haven't snorkelled there.

You may want to read this:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294226-c55509/Bali:I…

That was written some time ago though...but it'll give you an idea.

Hope this helps. :-)

7. Re: How to get to Menjangan Island from Kuta?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 21 August 2010, 05:19