We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked Bali Dynasty

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked Bali Dynasty

Hi just booked a family trip from Scotland to the Bali Dynasty, arriving 9th April, yes more than 21hrs flying time - must be mad, but only 40 once! Just a few questions, £ or USD, nappies (are they available), Transfers from the airport - any adivce.

perth
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked Bali Dynasty

hello, take your pounds, change them there.

dont pay for transfers, theres a fixed price taxi counter thats much cheaper.

take nappies with you, thats shopping space on the way home.

dynasty is a lovely place to stay if you have young children. staff are great, chinese restaurant is excellent, themed dinners are good value as kids eat for free.

stayed there four times when my brat was younger. we go back for dim sum and a good frozen margarita in the irish bar now and then.

good money changer outside gate(kodak shop) AND SMALL SUPERMARKET FOR EVERYDAY STUFF. SORRY,HAD WINE AND HIT CAPS LOCK I THINK. ENJOY

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,830 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked Bali Dynasty

take your own currency and exchange it in bali, however USD for the VOA is recommended. there are money changers at the airport where you can change a small amount to pay for a taxi to your hotel. the dynasty is only a 5 minute trip from the airport. as you walk past the money changers after collecting your luggage and exit the airport doors, turn right and you will see a taxi booking counter. go straight to the window and pre pay a taxi. these taxis fit 3 people + luggage, you could squeeze a small child and extra small bag as well but even two taxis will be cheap and the most convenient way to get to the dynasty. beware of the guys offering transport, unless you know prices and are prepared to bargain stick with the pre paid taxi counter. also beware of porters wanting to carry your luggage as they will try and over charge you and unless you have small change it can get messy.

there is a very reliable money changer on the same side of the street as your hotel, just walk out onto the road, turn left and you will see it just past the indian restaurant, change your money here. Nappies are readily available do be aware that some brands are better than others. ie mama poko and huggies are good. you get these plus many other convenience items, snack foods and drinks for your mini bar from the larger supermarkets, matahari is close to you locals will give you directions or grab a taxi and head to carefour. there is a games arcade here to amuse children as well as an assortment of shops and food court. next to the money changer i recommended is a small convenience store as well they will sell nappies etc if you don't feel like going further.

please read our "top questions" on bali for hints on money, exchangers, visas and things to see and do and other commonly asked questions. it is a great help for first timers.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,216 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked Bali Dynasty

You can either take pounds sterling, or take sterling travellers cheques. Bear in mind you'll get a slightly worse rate for travellers cheques than cash, and you have to take your passport with you to exchange them. As Snooky mentions, have $25USD per person for the Visa on Arrival.

The 21 hours flying time isn't too bad, that usually takes into account transfer time between flights. For instance from Manchester/Heathrow it's normally 12 hours to Singapore, then 2 and a half hours to Bali.

I'd suggest trying to break the journey up by having a stopover in Singapore/Bangkok/KL if you can. If you've already booked and are travelling via Singapore, take a change of clothes (something light and summery) with you in hand luggage for when you get to Singapore, and you can also get a shower in one of the airport lounges there (cost $8.56SGD).

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
540 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked Bali Dynasty

Hi,

We have stayed at the dynasty 3 times and we love it. Very busy as there are many familys but can always find somewhere quiet and it is ideal for kids.

Great food at good prices both room service & restuarants. happy hours everyday and friendly staff. Across the road at Febri's spa you can get a fantastic massage that goes for an hour and a half for approx $12AUD. Plenty of restaurants & shopping nearby aswell.

Have a great time!

Scotland
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked Bali Dynasty

Thanks for all your responses very helpful. Can I get sun cream over there or is it better to just get here before we go.

perth
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked Bali Dynasty

sunscreen always seems to be dear in asia,bring it from home.

most major brands of skincare products other than sunscreen are usually alot cheaper.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,216 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked Bali Dynasty

This was discussed in this topic:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297700-i9509-k347…

My advice would be to buy lotion here and take it with you. You can buy it there is needs be, but it's quite expensive for branded.

perth, australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked Bali Dynasty

We will also be at The Dynasty from 11-23 April, in a pool view room

We stayed tehre last year with our 3 and 5yr old, last year in a family studio this time in a family pool view room

We loved it for the kids, if we were just a couple i wouldnt stay there but atmosphere wise, people watching wise, service wise its great, cannot fault it

See you by the pool for a 'love bucket' cocktail at happy hour!!! ha ha

Scotland
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just booked Bali Dynasty

Hi

We will be there 9th - 26th April, couldn't get one otf those studio's, just a delux room, so it will be a tight squeeze for all 4 of us. Give us a shout, I will be the palest person in Bali with the Scot's accent!

Jenny

perth, australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just booked Bali Dynasty

I'll look out for you!! I will be the one with the scouse/australian accent!!