We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local Authentic Restaurants

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
254 reviews
Save Topic
Local Authentic Restaurants

Can people tell me your favourite little 'local authentic' restaurant or hawker stall around the Kuta/Legian area? You know those restaurants that mostly locals eat at, often serving just the one good dish... especially if it consists of duck or pork!

Doesnt need atmosphere or a good location... just good cheap food....

Thanks in advance

Reet x

Woy Woy, Australia
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Local Authentic Restaurants

warung indonesia is just a few hundred metres from kuta townhouses.......my indonesian wife and mother-in-law ate there many times on our last visit and they absolutely loved it.......what more can i say?????

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,598 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local Authentic Restaurants

Eny,s Warung in Jl Petitenget, near Villa Lumbang.

She has been featured in glossy travel magazines.

Shredded chicken and pepes ikan outstanding.

You probably need a taxi from Kuta.

Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local Authentic Restaurants

There is a night market for locals in kuta and a great place to get a meal , I know how to walk there but sorry I'm shocking with directions . Someone here may give you better directions .

There is another place in Kuta , near kuta art markets and its down an ally at the back of some shops , Its behind rockies shop (local policeman owns it) .

I also buy from the little carts that get around , just look for the popular carts these are a bit safer to eat at .

My driver pays about 4000 for a meal with water , I pay double that being a tourist . But it still cheap and yummy .

4. Re: Local Authentic Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Kuta