We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

posting home shopping???

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tipperary, Ireland
Level Contributor
458 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
posting home shopping???

hi,we've bought a lovely wall hanging but it's to big for the bags we have, so i need your help with what's the best and cheapest way to send a package home? or would buying a larger bag be my best bet? hope ye can guys, thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
348 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: posting home shopping???

When I was in Bali in November I had a bit too much luggage and went to a post office - for 3.5kg was going to cost me $40 (standard mail) to post back to Perth!!! So I opted to risking it at the airport!!! I was a bit overweight in my luggage, but they didn't charge me any more. From that experience you may be better trying to take it home on the plane.

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: posting home shopping???

The cheapest way i have found to send things back to Ireland, is through the postal EMS service.

You can send up to 20K by seamail. The cost last year was about 60 Euro for 20Kilo..but i know there has been a price hike since then.

It takes up to 10 weeks to arrive to your door

EMS airmail is also a good but much more expensive option/5 days... but usually cheaper than DHL/UPS etc

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: posting home shopping???

Hi,

I posted 20kilos back to melbourne in August 2010, it cost me $80 by sea mail and arrived in two months. I used a post office near the Jayakarta Hotel, and they were great, they packed it in front of me and provided the very large box. Price includes insurance. I'm glad I did because I spoke to several people who had excess luggage on my way out of Bali, one girl was charged $400 for about 20 kilos. Don't risk it.

4. Re: posting home shopping???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 22:19