We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should we stay in Kuta????

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where should we stay in Kuta????

Hi I will be holidaying in Bali for 10 days in April with my two teenage sons (19 and 18). I thought it would be easier to stay in Kuta as they want to go to nightclubs, shop and go to the water park. Staying in Kuta would mean less travel time and hopefully we can just walk or taxi to these places. The problem is there are sooooooo many accommodation places. I really don't want to spend all my money on accommodation but then I do want somewhere decent. A nice pool with bar would be good but then I want value for money. I have a read a few of the reviews but you seem to get those who think the place is wonderful and those who wouldn't ever go there again. I am totally confused. Any advice would be appreciated.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should we stay in Kuta????

Can you please give us an indication of price, what you feel is budget can be different to others.

Also you don't necessarily have to stay in the heart of Kuta for clubs,shops etc. It is so easy to get anywhere with very cheap transport. Kuta or Legian would be fine. If you want to be close to the big malls and Waterbom Park, have a look at the Bali Garden hotel, or less cost The Melasti Beach Bungalows, Flora Beach Inn, Yulia, Bakungsari. A good way to see where the hotels are and price is to have a look at the Agoda site. The map will show you whats in the areas you like.

In Legian have a look at the Maharta, Puri Raja or Mecure.

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should we stay in Kuta????

around US$100 per room for double, maybe you need extra bed, 10-15 mins walk to discovery/waterboom/kuta art market/kuta beach, you can try this based to my review

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g562690-d505558…

sydney
Level Contributor
242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should we stay in Kuta????

We liked the Bali garden beach resort also.Reasonably price with great pool and pool bar. Their boardwalk resturant was soo cheap for really good food. Our kids loved the wood fire pizzas.location is beachfront whuch was great.We walked straight across the road with our swimmers on and had a great day at Waterbom park.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,830 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should we stay in Kuta????

my teenagers like staying in Tuban so they can stroll to the shopping centres and waterbom park / beach etc. We particularly enjoy the febris hotel, they also have a sister hotel called green garden hotel just across the street. Prices are good and the febris has some very large rooms as well. No swim up bar but bar service around the pool. The buffet breakfast is a huge choice and would certainly satisfy hungry teenage boys. This is one of the best value hotels in the area.

As for reviews, sometimes you need to read between the lines. Often people with very little reviews to their name put places down and often it is not the fault of the accommodation but it seems very little research was done before booking and they end up very unhappy ie bad location, no kids facilities, road noise, renovations etc.

read a number of reviews on TA, look at traveler photos and also read reviews on the online booking agents sites as well to get a more 'balanced' opinion.

Mostly ensure you carefully consider the location so you are where you wish to be.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where should we stay in Kuta????

the febris is constantly booked

our friends normally book 6/8 months in advance

allways the aussies book it out

nice family hotel

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where should we stay in Kuta????

Hi. Thanks for everyone's help. The ones suggested so far are a bit out of my price range (they are about $160 whereas I was looking up to $100). A friend has just suggested that we stay in Legian but I had heard it is hard getting back there in the early hours after going to the night clubs. Is this correct? Would we be better staying there and getting a taxi to Waterbom, the shops and clubs?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where should we stay in Kuta????

go to booking.com or agoda

they will help u out

that budget have fun

i just booked the belaka spa resort

on agoda 57 usd a nite for the room

have a look

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where should we stay in Kuta????

if you really want to be near waterboom, opposite discovery mall, there is a hotel there. adhi jaya hotel. price should be US$100

Queensland
Level Contributor
525 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Where should we stay in Kuta????

Try Kuta Puri bungalows - email them direct for a price. Poppies cottages I think are also in the price bracket. Also Bali discovery tours have good accommodation prices too and give you a good indication on price before you need to contact them

chennai
Level Contributor
579 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where should we stay in Kuta????

If you don't mind staying in a compact room, check out 101 Legian in Kuta, I think it is around $80 per room including buffet breakfast. Deluxe rooms are bigger and book directly with the hotel to get the best rates. The location is close to CLUBS, pubs, spas and restaurants. My review here - tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g608487-d2082…

R

Edited: 29 December 2011, 07:00