We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days itinerary

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
8 days itinerary

i would like somebody suggest 8 full days itinerary for 2 adults in Kuta. We are not interested in sports, only sightseeing, massage, shopping...

Tanks in advance!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 days itinerary

Wow, can you please give us some info. What you are asking for is an impossible task.

Have a look at the Top Questions about Bali Section on the right side of the Bali Forum Page (this is the Kuta page). Here you will find a comprehensive list of things to do as well as some day trip ideas.

Look into this info and then come back with more precise questions to narrow down your itinerary from there.

2. Re: 8 days itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 February 2012, 22:35
Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 days itinerary

Luke,

thanks a lot! Of course, You have been of great help!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 days itinerary

Luke, whilst I'm really pleased you had a great time in Bali, your post has been copied and pasted 5 times to 5 different threads (some of which were 12 months old) and is basically an advertisement for your driver, so will be deleted.

If you want to get your driver's name out there for others, post to a new topic and tell us more about your trip than just the driver. You didn't tell us where you stayed in Seminyak, where you ate. The post started out brilliantly and I though I was going to enjoy reading it, but when it became an advertisement I stopped reading all together. There is nothing wrong with telling us all about your driver, but in order for it to meet the forum guidelines you must tell us more about your trip, other than the driver.

Jasnainikola2 your best course of action is to do some more research yourself, as copying someone else's holiday may be a disaster for you. You will find that none of the forum regulars will answer your post as it stands. We need more info from you and more specific questions. Keep reading the forum and read other people's JBR's (Just Back Reports) to get ideas but the lists that I pointed you in the direction of will by far and away be the best way for you to start planning your itinerary. Just go through them pick out what interests you and then post these items to question. We can then tell you what order to put them in, what things to combine for a great day trip and the best and most efficient way of organising your 8 days to the best advantage. We also need to know where on the island you are staying to work out travel times for you.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 days itinerary

Hi Whinnie,

I mean whether the tours worth or not, such as-

TOUR 1, Full Day Tour (Kintamani - Ubud Tour) - 10 hours: 08.30 : Leave the hotel ( Nusa Dua and Kuta Area) 09.30 : Batubulan Village - Barong and Keris Dance 10.30 : Batik and Stone Carving 11.00 : Art Villages 13.00 : Kintamani - Mt Batur and its Lake (Buffet Lunch) 15.00 : Coffee and Spices Plantation (Coffee Luwak)

- 16.00 : Tegallalang - Beautiful Ricefield Terrace 16.00 : Ubud - Monkey Forest, Palace, and Market

- 18.30 : Back to hotel

TOUR 2, Full Day Tour (Bedugul - Tanah Lot - Sunset Tour) - 10 hours:

- 10.00 : Leave the hotel

- 11.00 : Mengwi - Royal Family Temple

- 12.30 : Bedugul - Lake Beratan & its Lake Temple

- 13.30 : Candikuning - Fruit and Flower Market

- 14.00 : Pacung - Ricefield View (Buffet Lunch)

- 16.00 : Alas Kedaton - Monkey Forest

- 17.30 : Beraban - Tanah Lot, Ocean view and Sunset

- 20.00 : Back to hotel

TOUR 3, Full Day Tour (South Beach - Uluwatu - Jimabaran Tour) - 10 hours:

- 10.00 : Leave the hotel

- 11.00 : Tanjung Benoa - Watersports

- 14.00 : Lunch

- 14.30 : Nusa Dua Beach

- 15.30 : GWK - Cultural Park

- 16.30 : Dreamland Beach

- 17.30 : Uluwatu - View, Kecak & Fire Dance and Sunset

- 19.30 : Jimbaran Beach - Fresh Seafood Dinner

- 20.00 : Back to hotel

TOUR 4, Full Day Tour (East Side - Goa Lawah - Besakih Tour) - 10 hours:

- 09.00 : Leave the hotel

- 10.00 : Kertha Gosa - Cultural Heritage Palace

- 11.00 : Goa Lawah - Bat Cave Temple

- 13.00 : Bukit Jambul - Rice field View (Buffet Lunch)

- 14.00 : Besakih - The Mother Hindu Temple

- 16.00 : Pengelipuran Village - Balinese Traditional Village

- 17.00 : Tampaksiring - Holy Water Spring Temple

- 17.30 : Goa Gajah - Elephant Cave Temple

- 19.00 : Back to hotel

Is there any among them that I should not attend?

I will be at Best Western Resort Kuta for 8 wholw days.

What beaches should be attended?

Is there malarya in Bali?Should I vaccinate before the trip?

Thanks in advance!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 days itinerary

So these look to be organised bus tours, am I right?

Quite honestly, unless these are part of a package you have bought, you would be far better off hiring a driver and doing you own itinerary. The reason I say this is that the Bali Experience you will get on a bus tour is very touristy, and very expensive. The places these buses stop at charge top dollar and are very, very sterile, when compared to what you will see on your own doing your own thing.

If you really want to do these set tours, stay away from the buffet lunches as this is the quickest way to get sick in Bali. If it were me, I would do tour 2 and tour 3 only.

But I would urge you to hire a driver and get a much more personal, tailored to your interests, tour where you have to freedom to stay longer at places you like and skip or just quickly visit the places that don't really interest you.

All of the places (or similar, less touristy) and experiences on these lists are able to be visited with a driver. Those tours have so many temples and so many tourist traps on them that it will all become a blur after a couple of days.

If you want to hire a driver and work out your own plans we can give you some advice on which of the temples to visit and which you could happily leave off.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 days itinerary

Whinnie, thank You so much.

I just gave You examples with attractions offered by the agencies.

I will certainly hire the driver and need Your advice. Please , recomend somebody.

Also, as I do not know the places worth visiting in Bali, I need Your recomendation regarding MUST SEE places, organised in , lets say, 4 days,maybe less than 4 if it is not necessary to spend that much.Please advise about good beaches near Kuta also.I can take a taxi to and from them, apart from day tours.

What about malaria?

Thanks!

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 8 days itinerary

definately hire a driver for the day. there is so much more you can do on your own.

you might like to go warehouse shopping for some housewares, art and paintings. also the local shopping malls are great too.

I liked going up to the volcano for lunch.

Uluwatu to sit and watch surfers.

the tanah temple lot.

sunset dinner cruise.

really it 's up to you. get some brochures and see what you like and roll it into your own itinerary.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 8 days itinerary

LOL, i've had a few drinks tonight, my time, and I have a poilcy of not PUI (posting under the influence). I promise I will give you some suggestions tomorrow and I'll also try to open your question up to others to add their thoughts.

Our aim on this forum is to give you the information to make this the holiday of a lifetime. Be prepared to be inundated with ideas, lol.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 8 days itinerary

Ok, lets give this a go. If it were me and I was on my first trip to Bali I would hire a driver and do these day trips. These aren't set in stone, and can be changed once you choose a driver as he may have some valuable input for you as well.

Day 1: I would do a trip up to the Bedugal Area. This could include The Lake Temple, Lake Bratan, Kandi Cuning Markets, The Botanical Gardens, wild monkeys on the side of the highway. On the way there or back you could also include Tanah Lot temple (good at sunset but very, very busy then, so can be done in the morning as well) and the Jatiluwih Rice Terraces.

Day 2: Ubud and surrounds: This could include Ubud Palace, Ubud or Sukawati Markets, Tegalallang shopping strip, rice terrace and maybe lunch at one of the restaurants overlooking the rice fields (eg Kampung Cafe). The art villages of Mas for woodworking, Celuk for silver smithing, Bautbulan for stone products. Tirta Empul Temple I would time this day so that you can have dinner in Ubud itself at one of the great restaurants there and maybe even catch a dance performance.

Day 3: The East coast: This could include The Bat Temple, Candi Dasa, Tirta Gangga Water Palace, Bali Aga Village and you could, time permitting travel the extra 3/4 of an hour up to Amed to have a look around. Lunch at either Candi Dasa or Amed.

Day 4: The Bukit Peninsula: This could include Padang Padang, GWK cultural park, New Kuta area, Uluwatu, a tour around Nusa Dua. If you were to start later in the day for this one you could stay at Uluwatu for the Kecak Dance and sunset.

These are only suggestions and only my opinions but I think these trips will give you a great overview of Bali without being to tiring. That would still leave you 4 days to relax, shop, swim and have some spa treatements.

This is our list of recommended drivers: tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k…

Have a look at some of their websites as some of them have some tours ideas on them. Contact of few of them, choose one you like and work with him to refine your itinerary. A good driver can be invaluable in working out a good itinerary.

Hope this helps.

Get answers to your questions about Kuta