We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to take to Bali/Kuta

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Things to take to Bali/Kuta

Hi all,

We are travelling to Kuta later this year. What are the essential things that we need to take that can't be bought in Bali. Just two adults going without the kids. WooHoo.

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
527 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to take to Bali/Kuta

Anything and everything can be bought in Bali. Only thing I can't get here are Mars bars!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
141 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to take to Bali/Kuta

Take sunscreen from home as it is expensive in Bali (Avon has a combined sunscreen, moisturiser & insect replellent that is quite good). Also sanitised hand wipes - lots. I always take a travel cutlery set for nasi bunkus & other take-aways, a small led torch, a basic swiss army knife & a cube of Sard Wonder Soap for those pesky sate sauce spots - something I use almost daily being a sate addict & a messy eater - soak overnight.

Just about everything else can be easily & cheaply bought in the tourist areas of Bali.

perth
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to take to Bali/Kuta

everything except the sunscreen can be bought cheaper in bali. you can buy mars bars at the supermarket inbetween dynasty and kartika hotels.

i would take a couple of really comfy shoes for walking/shopping in as i always get blisters with the heat otherwise.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,972 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to take to Bali/Kuta

i take sunscreen from home, insect repellant (even though you can get it there you may need it before you hit the shops). Dengue fever is present so be cautious. I don't take anything to wash clothes as getting clothes washed in bali is so inexpensive. Hand sanitizer and wipes are cheaper in bali as well.

I take photocopies of passports and other important documents and contact details of my bank etc and notify them where I will be travelling. I take a spare credit cards and ensure I have enough cash. I take my laptop to download photos and keep a journal.

I always pack an unlocked mobile phone, power board to charge camera, laptop, phones. Take your own swimwear as the choice in bali can be limited.

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
356 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to take to Bali/Kuta

*I take basic business cards with my Name, Hotel & room for phone number

great to leave behind to get goods delivered

*I print names, addresses & phone numbers (of places that are hard to find)on large print to show the taxi driver. If they can't find the place they ring and get directions in indo.

I take my English Breakfast tea, a tape measure - I always measure everything now before taking delivery of things

I take my own manicure/pedicure stuff as things don't get sterilised but do get sharred.

George Town...
Level Contributor
435 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to take to Bali/Kuta

Everyone has great ideas. being a larger lady, I always take Neat3B cream in case of sweat rashes and panty liners.

We never go without tea tree oil, either.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to take to Bali/Kuta

Thanks for all the tips.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
305 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to take to Bali/Kuta

Im only doing 'carry on' to go over. I understand you cant take liquids so can i take sunscreen in a tube, the detol gel sanitiser with me and insect repelant in a tube or as a roll on? I recall last time they confiscated my deodorant in a can and perfume at customs here in aust.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,451 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Things to take to Bali/Kuta

You can take liquids on board as long as they dont exceed 100ml..I wouldnt suggest taking large aerosols on board as they may get confiscated..

10. Re: Things to take to Bali/Kuta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2013, 15:15