We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuta to Bratan Lake

Singapore
Level Contributor
197 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Kuta to Bratan Lake

Can i know how long will the journery from Kuta to Bratan Lake? We will be arriving at noon. I am thinking of engaging a driver, pick us up from airport, drive us to hotel and check in and have a quick lunch and then head towards Bratan Lake and lastly to Tanah Lot to wath sunset. Will there be ample time for us to cover the above?

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuta to Bratan Lake

too much. plane arrives noon. customs drive to hotel settle, moneyt maybe 2pm. 1 1/2 hours to danau bratan 3:30 pm it is a pretty place - lake, canoe, botantical gardens, lake temple, walk around lake, candikunning markets - so it takes awhile to see and enjoy the place. 1 1/2 to 2 hours to tanah lot and you want to be there an hour or so at the least before dark so that would be 5pm. not enough time.

after a flight, i wouldn't be keen to do to much but if your heart is set then tahah lot is the closer and allows you to see it at a calm pace.

bratan is worth a full day and you can do some stopovers on the way there and back if you want.

Singapore
Level Contributor
197 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuta to Bratan Lake

thanks... will plan a full day trip to Bratan Lake then.

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuta to Bratan Lake

it's better to make it on second day trip. last year, i started from tuban to taman ayun mengwi - jatiluwih padi field - bedugur market - strawberry stop for lunch - ulun danu beratan lake - tanah lot for sunset - and back to tuban around 8pm.

for recent trip, i didn't visit beratan lake eventhough i'm there, just had lunch nearby the lake and continue my journey to danau tamblingan which is very nearby, waterfall and all the way to lovina.

if you need detail itinerary, PM me for my blog info

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuta to Bratan Lake

have a good trip. it is a very pretty and different part of bali.

5. Re: Kuta to Bratan Lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 11:41
Get answers to your questions about Kuta
Recent Conversations