We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we joint a day trip or book a driver?? Only 2 pl.

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Should we joint a day trip or book a driver?? Only 2 pl.

Hi,

Me and my husband are going to Bali in xmas. This is my first time to Bali. and staying in Kuta for 7 nites.

I saw the forum previously tht we can join the day trip when we arrive and it will be cheaper.

And I aslo saw we can book a good driver to show us around. However, it appears that it require 6-7 ppl to book the driver. Am i right? Thus, it will be very expensive for 2 of us to book the driver. Am I right.

So we hv to go join the day tour somewhere in Kuta.

I am not quite sure wht is difference b/w above 2? And which will be cheaper way to go ard Bali just for 2 of us.'

Anyone pls help?

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Bali Tour Sunrise
Sightseeing Tours, Climbing Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Lets Go Tour
Sightseeing Tours
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,046 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we joint a day trip or book a driver?? Only 2 pl.

Hi,

Usually you book driver + car for the day, the number of people is only relevant to make sure everyone fits in the car.

Usually it's 450K to 550K for a day (8hours), with that you make your own itinerary. If you don't like a place, you don't have to wait for everyone else and can move on.

An organized group might include entrance to some attractions or parks, but it's usually not so expensive.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,308 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we joint a day trip or book a driver?? Only 2 pl.

A tour is usually only marginally cheaper than a driver, there's not a lot of difference in total spend if two of you go on a tour as opposed to hiring a driver for the day.

Drivers give you more flexibility, tours are good options if you're a solo traveller and/or want to meet other travellers.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,017 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we joint a day trip or book a driver?? Only 2 pl.

e mail a few of the recommended drivers from the list we have compiled. (You can find this on the right hand side of the bali forum home page). See who is available for your dates as a lot of these guys book out well in advance.

You don't need 6 - 7 people to book one of our recommended drivers. You can fit a lot more in your day, stop where and when you want, eat where you want and you are not tied down to a strict itinerary with your own driver. Organized tours are cheaper for one person and gives them the option of meeting others.

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Should we joint a day trip or book a driver?? Only 2 pl.

Thx so much. I think I will decide to hire a driver and start to book in them now.

Another question, normally how many days require to see ard Bali including all the hot spot? Should I book in the driver 2 or 3 days? Or 1 day is sufficient?

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,017 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should we joint a day trip or book a driver?? Only 2 pl.

Hi, with only 7 nights in Bali, 2 or 3 day trips would be enough in such a short stay. You still need to leave days for relaxing, looking around shops, going for a swim, having cheap massages etc. When you contact a few of our recommended drivers they will help you plan some day trips to suit your interests.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should we joint a day trip or book a driver?? Only 2 pl.

I agree with the comments re driver v tour bus. An added disadvantage for me is that the tour buses stop off for shopping at silver shops and wood carving places and this wastes a lot of time.

I would suggest you get a driver for your first day. ALWAYS agree on a price before you start. The prices suggested by others are correct. If you like the driver you can book him for your other days. if you are not satisfied book someone else. Having said that by far the majority of drivers are excellent and there is little difference between them.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
391 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should we joint a day trip or book a driver?? Only 2 pl.

I would definitely go with the driver option and would have him for just 2 days out of your 7. Work out what you want to see and where you would like to visit and let the driver plan suitable itineries for you.Dont try and cram too much into one day. You shouldpay between 400000 an d 500000 per day. Have lots of fun and enjoy your time in Bali. You will be back so dont worry if you dont get to see everything the first time!

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Perth
Level Contributor
433 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Should we joint a day trip or book a driver?? Only 2 pl.

Jh B - please forgive me if I an wrong but it sounds a bit like you, as a first timer, are not entirely sure where to start.

To answer your question properly I think the first issue is - what do you want to do on your trip to Bali? Let me suggest you look through the list of Things to do in Bali (found in the upper right corner of the forum page). Make a list of the things you would like to do and then work out what you need a driver for.

Many tourists to Bali are content to just relax and never leave the hotel. Others just go out of the hotel to nearby shops and restaurants. Others want to go on day trips/see the volcano/rafting/biking. Some want to really get away from it all and discover the 'real' Bali. There is no one way (or one 'right' way) to do Bali.

Once you narrow down what you want to do - come back and the nice people here will give you ideas on the things you have chosen. It may be that you can bundle some ideas together and get a driver.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Should we joint a day trip or book a driver?? Only 2 pl.

Thx for that. I will prefer go out and explore ball in my first time. Anyway. Above already very helpful for me to make a decision.

10. Re: Should we joint a day trip or book a driver?? Only 2 pl.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2013, 09:16