We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jimbaran Beach - Fresh Seafood Dinner . Is it good?

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Jimbaran Beach - Fresh Seafood Dinner . Is it good?

Appears this has been advertised on some travel booklets? Is it good? Sure it is cheaper than Australia. But I think it is pricy in Bali locally. Any other good and inexpensive seafood cafe/ restaurant recommend?

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,195 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jimbaran Beach - Fresh Seafood Dinner . Is it good?

I think you'll probably find that it isn't cheaper than most places in Australia. I haven't been there for about 10 years because I was so disappointed the two times that I did go there. It was outrageously priced and not that good. I can't say what it's like now but I'm sure others can. I think you can get a much better and cheaper seafood bbq, on the beach, in Sanur.

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
perth
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jimbaran Beach - Fresh Seafood Dinner . Is it good?

ive only been once. i thought it was expensive and rubbish. even the setting is horrible, dirty tables and chairs, dont even think about going to the toilet.

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jimbaran Beach - Fresh Seafood Dinner . Is it good?

been once will never go there again.it is not worth the prices they charge .better off going to the seafood buffet every tuesday at the flying fish resturant.it is part of the O CE N Outrigger hotel at legian .costs about $23 each.will be there tomorrow

Geraldton, Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jimbaran Beach - Fresh Seafood Dinner . Is it good?

Dont bother, very expensive, beach is dirty and the seafood is very average compared to ours in Oz

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jimbaran Beach - Fresh Seafood Dinner . Is it good?

Wow I didn't think it was that bad. Watching the sun go down right at the waters edge is really good. So ambience wise it gets a high rating. I always order from the tanks and tell them how I want it cooked.

I guess if you just sit down and get the menu they offer you things may be bad. I don't kmow I have never ordered like this. Last time I was there going back 12months ago I purchased a mub crab a fare bit bigger than my hand for $18.

Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jimbaran Beach - Fresh Seafood Dinner . Is it good?

The sunset, watching the dogs and their owners play on the beach and the general vibe is awesome...

I have heard some decent reviews of one or two restaurants on TA, but I can't recall what they were...

As someone else said, the toilets are horrific, and often right next to the kitchen!

But that being said, I would probably say find a well reviewed restaurant, with prices you are happy to pay, and try it out for yourself...

Get there early for a good table...

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,330 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jimbaran Beach - Fresh Seafood Dinner . Is it good?

It's the only place I've ever had crab where it shrank after it was boiled.

Personally I think the food is disappointing and overpriced.

The atmosphere isn't bad, although this I find to be influenced by whoever you're with to a certain extent. Watching the sunset is always a positive, and when the tables are candle-lit and it's dark you forget the scruffy tables and chairs. There are the strolling musicians, who will sing you your favourite Robbie Williams or James Blunt song for a small fee (not Bohemian Rhapsody though). You can watch the planes coming into land at the airport if you're a keep plane spotter (don't forget your notebook).

I'd stick my neck out and say it's worth doing once for atmosphere, but don't have high expectations for the food.

Oh and the beer tends to be warm (not a problem if you're a Brit though).

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
547 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jimbaran Beach - Fresh Seafood Dinner . Is it good?

I have been twice and was incredibly disappointed both times. The seafood was very poor compared to Australia and cooked with no seasoning and served with plain rice & a few plain sauces. Very very bad value for money. You could get cheaper in oz and would taste so much better!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jimbaran Beach - Fresh Seafood Dinner . Is it good?

Firstly, I won't compare to Australia as Bali is not Australia. I would say in my experience the seafood is overpriced, and it does shrink or disappear from your pick...eg you pick 12 prawns....only 8 shown up! I would recommend the Seafood BBQ any night of the week at Echo Beach Cafe, great view of a very cleanup spoilt beach, surfers surfing till there is no more light, excellent food, very cold beer, great range of cocktails.....great staff. Oh and one of the best sunset watching venues in Bali!

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Jimbaran Beach - Fresh Seafood Dinner . Is it good?

I found jimbaran over priced too, way better options out there, been once never again 1.3m rph for dinner and 1 glass of wine, only 1 as they ran out of white as soon as I wanted another amazing.... never again