We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to use Bali ATM's?

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
How to use Bali ATM's?

A bank can probably answer this but I thought I would put to TA folk first.

What sought of card works in Bali ATM's? Will my normal ATM card work, or will I need a new kind? I have no idea.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How to use Bali ATM's?

Citibank card does have fees for using ATM that aren't owner or partnered with CitiBank. But yes its a great Idea and Citibank is in most major cities around the world.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How to use Bali ATM's?

I'm using a 28 degree card here at the moment and while there are no conversion fees with transactions, commbank charge 2 bucks for withdrawing from their ATMs

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,895 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How to use Bali ATM's?

Bepergian, that only applies to ATM withdrawals in Australia, just like any other card you use in Australia you get charged fees if you use another banks ATM.

In Australia with the Citibank card you can use Westpac, St.George and Bank SA without incurring a charge. With the Citibank PLUS account you are not charged at other ATM's overseas. I checked our statements after our trip in June July and we had used any and every different bank ATM there and were not charged any fees. The only one we avoided was the CBA ATM because it popped on the screen that it would charge us $2, so we went to the next ATM. There is the possibility that a certain banks ATM will charge you a fee but it's not Citibank that's charging it and we have never found an ATM that does, except for that one CBA one.

Do you have a Citibank PLUS account that you have used over there and been charged fees for?

Edited: 10 November 2012, 01:27
Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How to use Bali ATM's?

Thanks everyone for your ideas.

I guess I have to find the best deal I can in terms of fees that are charged. "she who must be obeyed" is against internet banking, so maybe not the Citibank option, but it sounds good.

Cheers

Greg

Brisbane
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: How to use Bali ATM's?

I found this year in Bali that the ATM machines I used required the re-entering the your PIN for further withdrawals. In previous years, if you inadvertantly left your card in the machine, the next customer could easily withdraw more money from your account without having to re-enter the PIN.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: How to use Bali ATM's?

<<I guess I have to find the best deal I can in terms of fees that are charged. "she who must be obeyed" is against internet banking, so maybe not the Citibank option, but it sounds good.>>

I understand that everyone has to do what works for them but I can't imagine not using Internet banking.

28 Degrees Mastercard is an internet option as well so that leaves some of the credit unions who also offer lower fees than the big banks. I hope you can find one in your area (with a shop front you can use) because otherwise you are going to need to pay for your choice to conduct face to face banking.

Good luck :-)

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: How to use Bali ATM's?

Thanks all for your input.

I was at the Bank (NAB) yesterday and asked about a card for use in Bali. They said they can activate my current Flexicard to work and will also "order" me a Visa Debit card to run off the same account.

Charges are:-

Withdrawal =$4 plus 2% "Currency Transaction Fee" ($2 dollars in every $100)

Balance Enquiry = $1

That all doesn't seem too bad, if used as a back up to taking mostly cash.

Hi NikkiM81, your $10 monthly fee sounds good, did you find out if it was still available and what it was called?

Thanks

Greg

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
764 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: How to use Bali ATM's?

Gregd your bank option sounds good. We only use our cards 2-3 times when overseas so the bank fees are not really a huge consideration. And you have the added security of the backup of your own bank that you are familiar with, should anything go wrong

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,895 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: How to use Bali ATM's?

Greg the account NikkiM81 is talking about is the NAB Gold Debit Visa and is no longer fee free for oversea's transactions :(

The only customers at NAB that get free oversea's transactions are those who have a NAB Portfolio Facility. We have a Choice package and have now been excluded from free oversea's fee's and that's why I opened a Citibank plus account for travelling.

20. Re: How to use Bali ATM's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2013, 10:17