We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - Shopping!

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help - Shopping!

It's my first trip to Bali leaving in a few days (yay!). I have 2 full days kept aside for shopping (staying in Legian). On my must visit list so far is Ketut's and Miss Debbies around the area (for dresses and shirts/shorts? Do they also sell cocktail type or silk dresses?) and Matahari (for bags and shoes?) Kuta markets for ??

I'm hoping to buy cheap runners/vans, jewellery (junk mainly), watches, and some nice blouses & dresses (something I can wear back home). Could someone please pinpoint me in the right direction? Thank you!

Perth, Western...
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - Shopping!

Have a look at Bali Mall Galleria, Discovery Mall, Bali Brasco, Kuta Square and all the little boutiques along JL Legian and Seminyak. You will be spoilt for choice.

Fake Vans can be bought at the markets, don't spend more than 100 000 rupiah for them, the market stall holders will try it on.

Try Bagus in Kuta square for watches and jewellery, it is very popular.

If you can't find these places a taxi will know where to take you.

If you are interested in silver jewellery try Silverberry on JL Legian, lovely stuff at great prices.

Happy shopping :)

nsw
Level Contributor
117 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - Shopping!

Hi,

You certainly wont be getting silk cocktails dresses from Ketuts or Miss Debbies!!! only cheap style clothes...head up to Seminyak (walk from Legian) and pop into shops either side of the road once past Bintang supermarket and you will fin up market clothes shops for your cocktail dresses.

Shoes from centro/Matahari

Bags probably from street vendors might be cheaper

Enjoy your holiday

Perth
Level Contributor
818 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - Shopping!

If you want a nice leather bag try Tommys opposite the Padma Hotel. He does excellant work. He can copy a bag from a picture or choose one of his ready made bags.About $70 for one which is well worth it.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,646 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - Shopping!

Staying in Legian you have all the market stalls for vans,watches,jewellery,and dresses.

I would also go to Kuta Square for Bagus Watches and Matahari.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - Shopping!

Thank you all! Appreciate it!!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
840 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help - Shopping!

Matahari has formal type cocktail dresses so does centro. Also lots of cheap shoes at these stores. Both in kuta. Junk jewellery is everywhere lots and lots of stalls everywhere.

7. Re: Help - Shopping!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2013, 05:17