We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

interesting places and halal food for muslim

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Setapak, Wilayah...
12 posts
Save Topic
interesting places and halal food for muslim

hi.. this is 1st time me and my family travel to bail.. we'll stay at ibis style kuta circle for 4d3n. can any one suggest what place that I need to visit n how to find halal food for Muslim coz I heard it quit difficult to get halal food there..

Kuta, Indonesia
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: interesting places and halal food for muslim

If you read a restaurant signed BABI GULING or BABI ASAP, that means pork. Don't touch it.

If you like seafood, try Rasa Sayang Restaurant at Sunset Road, just near Carrefour. The food is delicious, the seafood is fresh as hell, and the price is very cheap compared to any other seafood restaurant.

And it's 100% halal!

Denpasar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
92 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: interesting places and halal food for muslim

Hi Anne,

Ibis Kuta Style Circle is situated in the heart of Kuta. Right next to your hotel is the popular Bali Mall Galeria and Duty Free. Your Hotel is close to every places around south Bali. Its only 10 minutes drive to Kuta Beach or Legian Street, 15 Drives to Sanur Beach and about 25 minutes to Seminyak.

About Halal food, Simply ask people at the restaurant to do you halal foods. They'll be happy to do it for you. But if you are concern about the process of making halal food, you can go to Warung Padang. They're everywhere on the island.

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: interesting places and halal food for muslim

Ya, semua rumah makan Padang pasti halal, tak perlu waswas atau curiga.

Setapak, Wilayah...
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: interesting places and halal food for muslim

thanks a lot to all that advice about the hotel and how to get halal food..

on the 1st day we went to kuta beach. we take just take a taxi.. and pay them about 20 rupies but went we come back from kuta the taxi fees was more than double but we just paid.. after that I ask around they said if we want to go any where just take the bluebird taxi because that company have a good reputable name and will not cheat. Night time we just hang out at the matahari shopping mall that only beside our hotel and having late night shopping at krisna by bluebird taxi.

2nd day we not having so much problems because we take a day tour recommended by my friend that went there before.. the supir was Muslim and during the tour he bring us to halal food store..

Bali is very interesting place that full with cultural ceremony and buildings, the people was nice but for my opinion it more suit for couple vacation not family trip like us.

Kuta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
119 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: interesting places and halal food for muslim

Since you stay at Ibis, behind your hotel there is one shopping mall. All the restaurants in that shopping mall is halal. They sell mostly Indonesian food and my favourite being cafe betawi and warung warung.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
2,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: interesting places and halal food for muslim

Ive always found plenty of halal places in bali, although mostly they are cheaper places. They usually display the halal sign in arabic. Just because somewhere has no pork does not make it halal so if there is no sign, be sure to ask.

7. Re: interesting places and halal food for muslim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2014, 13:47
Level Contributor
493 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: interesting places and halal food for muslim

Search for the threads that I wrote on Nasi Padang for Kuta and Ubud recently. Restaurant Nikmat in Kuta is most popular. I introduced 5 other places.

Edited: 02 November 2013, 03:20
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: interesting places and halal food for muslim

The OP has been and gone from Bali. Her second post was a review of what they did there................

10. Re: interesting places and halal food for muslim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2013, 20:32
Get answers to your questions about Kuta