We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood

Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Seafood

I will be in kuta on wednesday can any one recommend to me the best cheap seafood them and how much 1 person pay for a full seafood dinner fish and crabs and shrimps ?

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood

You should expect to pay from 80,000rp to 200,000rp depending on how much you eat and what you order. Crab is not so easy to get but fish and prawns are plentiful.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood

I am there on thursday and have already planned my seafood dinner! I've found the best place and go there every year, very cheap. This is the easiest way to describe where it is, at the end of poppies lane 2 turn left towards the Hard rock, either just passed mcdonald's or just before mcdonald's there is a small arcade type eating area. It has a tourist information booth out the front, an Italian place on the corner and a money changer inside with a heap of chairs and tables. There are about 8 or 10 different little cafes all trying to get your business, the best one I found was over in the far right hand corner, the food is cheaper and better than jimbaran bay, my opinion anyway. For a dinner with fish, prawns, squid and clams it is about 100,000,maybe less depending on how much you eat. Crabs are more expensive and generally small so not really worth getting one.

Edited: 22 October 2013, 05:21
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood

Thank u guys

What about lobsters is it expensive or also is rare?

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seafood

Lobster is expensive and generally small.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seafood

It is exspensive and small and a let down. Most of the lobsters I've seen there are what we call 'painted crays'. They are herbivores and completely lack flavour. They are abundant in the warmer waters over here in Western Australia yet there is no commercial fishing for them. They are just not good eating. Of course we are a little spoilt here where we get the prized 'western red' lobsters.

I'm a seafood lover but never get excited over asian shellfish (except mud crab). It just lacks lacks flavour.

6. Re: Seafood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Kuta