We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe?

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is it safe?

Hi my friend who is a female is going to kuta with her friends but her friends leave 2 days before my friend does is it safe for her to be there on her own? it will be 28th and 29th dec, can you give me advice on a safe hotel there for her to book also is kuta near the airport? she dont mind travelling in a taxi for about 30 mins but if longer is there a safe hotel near airport, thanks to all replys.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe?

Hi,

Is she an experienced traveller? I do think it's safe. Just use common sense, when in doubt, don't, dont' walk around with bling, etc, etc...she should be fine.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe?

Hi jade_du thanks for your reply

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,331 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it safe?

Hi ascott - Kuta isn't far from the airport at all, although travel time depends on traffic. As well as jade's great advice not to look like Mr T, I'd also suggest she doesn't leave her drink unattended in case of spiking, and be aware not to get so completed legless that judgment is impaired. Don't accept lifts from strangers in cars or on mopeds. Be aware that some Indonesian men will think they are irresistible to all Western women, so be firm if receiving unwanted attention. It's probably just using the same situational awareness as you would use on a night out in Glasgow, although it will be warmer, and with no chippie to carry a can of Calley into.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,990 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it safe?

Ye as Noodles says,

Probably no different if she was out by herself as home & use the same commn sense that she would use there.

She might be able to take her can of Calley (Carlsberg) into a Pizza shop if she had to :>)))

Cheers Mac

Edited: 23 October 2013, 20:42
SansSouci
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it safe?

I recently returned from 2wks in Kuta, 1st week at the hotel where we stayed 21years ago, second week in Popies 1.(which is quieter than Popies 2)

Kuta is approx 10mins from the airport but travel time will vary due to peak times on the main roads Jl Kartika Plaza/Jl Pantai Kuta.

Kuta is not just for the young traveller/guest there were many older eg 60-70+yrs(our neighbours were in their 80's)& mature age guests eg 50+yrs at both our hotels.

I can't speak for what happens after midnight/early morning hours but on the whole it's a safe area to walk day/evening/night.

Two hotels i would recommend for your friend La'Walon & Masa Inn.

Walk on the main roads/lanes in the area, care with shoulder bag (incidents of bag snatching by passenger on motor bikes)and care re motor bikes/cars when walking down lanes/crossing roads as bikes weave in & out of traffic.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it safe?

Noodles - Mr T!? That shows your age - and mine as well for knowing who he is! rotflol!

7. Re: Is it safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 05:19