We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty Free on arrival

Brisbane
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Duty Free on arrival

Just wondering if you can get duty free on arrival now...I know they scrapped it a few years ago but am hoping with the new airport opening that they now have it

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duty Free on arrival

If you are talking about arrival to Denpasar - no you can't buy duty free

Romsey, Victoria
Level Contributor
79 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duty Free on arrival

HI, I've just returned from Kuta and you won't have access to duty free on arrival at the airport.

You will however have access to duty free on departure.

Cheers,

Paul

Edited: 20 November 2013, 21:56
Adelaide
Level Contributor
849 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Duty Free on arrival

Apparently there is a duty free store once your in bali my friend got back the other day I've personally never seen it guessing maybe its at discovery ? If your wanting to buy duty free whilst your there might be worth checking

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duty Free on arrival

No plans at present for a DF on arrival

www.dutyfreeonarrival.com/en/airport/280

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Duty Free on arrival

there is a duty free store - DFS galleria, next to Ace hardware… it's separate from the airport, and best done as a shopping trip in its own right… remember to take your passport, and details of your return flight - e.g. electronic ticket printout. you have to present your details at the front counter, do your shopping, and they'll have it at the airport for collection when you leave. did it all last week, no problems :)

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Duty Free on arrival

He wants to buy it at the airport when he arrives not for his departure :)

You can't buy duty free alcohol at any outlet and drink it in Bali, you will pick it up at the airport when you leave.

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
500 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Duty Free on arrival

If you're not flying via Darwin, buy it in Brisbane.

Happy travels !!

8. Re: Duty Free on arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 06:20