We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Gastro Bug Improving?

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
QLD
Level Contributor
99 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Gastro Bug Improving?

We will be arriving in Bali next week for our first visit and have been reading about

the sever Gastro Bug, I am wondering if it is still hanging around and if so, is it still

as bad as what it was when it was first posted?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
865 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Gastro Bug Improving?

We arrived home yesterday, and still struggling.

This message is from an email I received from a mate this afternoon talking about his daughter:

"Lisa flew in this morning and she is also sick as well as the eleven other girls she went with. She has a Doctors appt later. Some of her girlfriends have bad rashes from bed bugs as well"

So, that's as recent as a couple of hours ago. My son and his partner are still at Keramas and he told me this morning that it has ripped through there as well. He had the Doc come to him yesterday.

I hope it ends soon for everyone's sake. Keep in mind, this is more than food related BB.

Sure it's bad luck, and all that - but it's no fun.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
280 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Gastro Bug Improving?

This is why i always take my glen 20 to bali and we are antibacterial hand gel natzy horrible we are in perth and have had gastro going through our house since the 2 nd not nice

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Gastro Bug Improving?

We all had this exact same bug back in October, so seems like it is not going anywhere.

Kate

perth
Level Contributor
9 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Gastro Bug Improving?

Any tips out there on keeping this bug away? I have a first timer coming to Bali and he coming under sufferance with his wife, if he gets well never hear the end of it!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
333 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the Gastro Bug Improving?

Unfortunately the gastro bug is everywhere at the moment. It ripped through Adelaide over Christmas. Start probiotics now, take the unrefrigerated ones with you and yukult is really cheap in Bali, we skulled a couple each a day. Fill yourself up with the good stuff - makes it harder for the bad stuff to take hold.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the Gastro Bug Improving?

It is also in Cambodia :( the only thing to do is keep clean, avoid fatty food as and fruits for a while nd try to eat some rice or starch . Take a charcoal tab or gastro stop if not near a toilet and even a stay home sleep,on and off all day can help.

It is a very contagious stomach virus and there is no real way of prevention. Some will get it, others will be fine.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the Gastro Bug Improving?

G'day....buy some travelan and take 3 times a day with each meal and that kills the bugs that cling to your bowel. Good fortune to you all.

Kununurra, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the Gastro Bug Improving?

Both myself and partner came down with this, and have only just started to come good after 11 & 13 days, the worst was the cramps. Took probiotics before & during holiday & lots of hand sanitiser, but this didn't help.

perth
Level Contributor
9 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is the Gastro Bug Improving?

What area where you all staying at?..Seems that Sanur might not be as bad... Seminyak looks like it has a big problem with it at the moment!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is the Gastro Bug Improving?

We will take every Gastro medicine known to man in 2 weeks when we arrive & let you know if they have have an affect on curbing the dreaded lurgy.

Cheers Mac