We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuta or Gili T for New Years Eve??

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Kuta or Gili T for New Years Eve??

Hi all,

I will be travelling alone and was wondering where is best to spend NYE? I want to party a bit and meet people.

It looks like I may need to book quite a bit in advance.

Any advice would be great :)

Denpasar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
263 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuta or Gili T for New Years Eve??

Hiii

Kuta is the most visited area among Bali visitor weather locals or foreigners . But to spand the time and stay in Kuta during new years is not a good choice . You will hits bad bad bad traffic around , new year is the where the biggest number of local Indonesian tourist will come to Bali , big number of bus , cars will come to Bali . It's not good idea to spand new year in Kuta . Kuta is a place must to visit in Bali but not during new year .

Regards

Bli Made

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuta or Gili T for New Years Eve??

I have to agree, i love the hustle and bustle of Kuta but having just spent New Years in Kuta, i wouldn't do it again. Far too chaotic, complete standstill traffic jams, not a good time to be there at all. Not just New Years Eve but a few days before and couple days after. Not pleasant.

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
3. Re: Kuta or Gili T for New Years Eve??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2014, 13:58
Brisbane
Level Contributor
773 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuta or Gili T for New Years Eve??

@Kelsbels26 - refer to previous post

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g664666-i12936-…

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
678 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuta or Gili T for New Years Eve??

If I were to choose between the two I would choose Gili T, the issue would be how to get there.

We are in Bali over New Years this year too and were also considering Gili T, but were advised that the seas at that time of year between Bali and Gili T are unpredictable & can be dangerous, so the best option was to fly to Lombok and quick boat trip across to Gili T.

Logistically it is a lot of traveling for a couple of days on the island (but we do love Gili T, so kind of disappointed we won't be going)

We have opted instead to spend the couple of days before and after New Years and New Years Eve in Ubud. Quieter, but am sure there will still be plenty to do that time of year AND not nearly as crowded as Kuta.

Hope you enjoy your New Years wherever you may spend it :)

Mentioned in this post
Gili Islands
Gili Islands
Lombok, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Lombok
Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuta or Gili T for New Years Eve??

I would definitely say Gili T but you will need to book it well in advance and see if you can fly direct to Lombok.. kuta will be way to much I reckon to many cars and everyone grabbing you...island life is good :)

Mentioned in this post
Gili Islands
Gili Islands
Lombok, Indonesia
Lombok
Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuta or Gili T for New Years Eve??

Bear in mind that it is the rainy season. Friends who were there last New Years at Gili T complained that it was raining everyday.

December to January was raining almost everyday. So for someone who traveled so far, it can be frustrating. Doesnt matter to people who live 3 hours away ang go several times a year. But can be big deal to others tho.

Mentioned in this post
Gili Islands
Gili Islands
Lombok, Indonesia
Denpasar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
263 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuta or Gili T for New Years Eve??

During that period ( october - march ) is a raining season in Indonesia , its not only in Gili

Mentioned in this post
Gili Islands
Gili Islands
Lombok, Indonesia
St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kuta or Gili T for New Years Eve??

Thank you for your replies. I didn't realise it was rainy season. I'm goin to need to rethink my plans.

Thanks so much!!! :)

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
678 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kuta or Gili T for New Years Eve??

Try going into the mountains and embracing the wet season rather then be afraid of it lol. We are. Wouldn't be in Kuta/Legian for quids New Years Eve :/

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia