We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Ubud

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Ubud

Hello, all.

I've found some posts regarding this issue around the web but there are not many fairly recent posts on the topic. I’d like to spend a day in Kuta but we are staying in Ubud. Is a day trip reasonable? Am I better off hiring a taxi for the ride there and the ride back or should I hire one for the day? I don’t believe I will necessarily need one around Kuta as we intend to walk a lot .

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Ubud

I've never used it so I have no idea where the pick-up and drop-off points are, but there is a shuttle bus between the two.

www.peramatour.com/onlineform.php?idprod=84

Perhaps you could get the shuttle there and find a driver in Kuta to bring you back if you have lots of shopping or finish late? Presumably you'll want to stay and watch the sunset on the beach?

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
10,284 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Ubud

The Perama shuttle has an office in Pengosekan where the busses leave, but by prior arrangement and a small fee they do pick ups from a few feeder spots around Ubud. Then when you get to the drop off you can just take taxis for short hops around Kuta. Its a good service and no special comforts but economical and safe.

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Ubud

It is entirely feasible to go to Kuta for a day trip from Ubud. If you are intending to do a lot of shopping I would consider hiring a car and driver for the day, this way you can load the car up with bags of goodies as you go.

The driver will be happy to wait for you as he won't be using any fuel and you will have a quick escape route back to Ubud when it all becomes too much for you!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Ubud

We did this around 2 weeks ago and paid $60 for the day. Its around 1.5 hours each way with traffic. I assume a metered taxi would be cheaper but its nice to have a driver as they wait for you while you shop/have lunch etc. They can also stop off at different places if you wanted to

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Ubud

And yes the driver would be happy to wait as theyre then guarenteed a fare back

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Ubud

Oh, great. How long was your stay in Kuta?

7. Re: Taxi from Ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 20:33
8. Re: Taxi from Ubud

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 11:35
Edited: 31 August 2014, 11:35
9. Re: Taxi from Ubud

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 11:35
10. Re: Taxi from Ubud

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 06:17